Leonidus puts objects in his food dish while he eats?!

So my little man Leonidus is about 1 yr old and he every single night when he eats has to put my wifes flip flop or any small object he can find around on the floor in his food dish. He doesn't chew or eat the item, he just eats his food around it. If there's nothing for him to put in there then he will push at the ground around his bowl towards his bowl like hes pushin an imaginary item into the bowl, it is quite the craziest and funny thing I've ever seen, anybody elses puppy do something like this???

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nothing like that haha im not sure why he would do that, although if we put too much water in her dish she will dig in it until its the perfect amount then drink it, and if its empty even if she isnt thirsty she will push it over until i fill it up
Dogs have such weird habits, just like people! I have never heard of a dog doing that before, but I have seen many (including our Kirby from time to time) pull pieces out of their food dish and put them onto the floor before eating them. My aunt's Dachsund even lines his pieces up on the floor in a line and then eats them one by one! Leonidus is a hansome boy, by the way. Love the name too!
Maybe he's trying to slow down his eating??? (since putting a ball / rock in the bowl is a way to slow down tne inhaling of a meal). But it's probably just his own unique quirk! We had one dog that took each bite out of the bowl, carried it to the dining room, dropped it on the carpet and then would eat it, and repeated this with each and every bite!
Mabye he is adding his own ingredients?
There you go... a budding chef. The food just doesn't have quite the right taste, this flip flop will add just the right spice!
Heehee! That's funny. Charlie eats to fast to worry about covering his food. On a fairly regular basis though, I find a piece of mail, or kleenex (clean), or store receipt in the cats' dry food. I'm not sure which of the 3 cats is the culprit, but I expect that one of them thinks that covering the food bowl makes it a private, secret food stash....keeping it safe from other predators which might sneak up and try to steal it while one is cat-napping. LOL

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service