I read a little about this, but thought I was ask for some solid details. Bundy is shedding like a mad man. I have brushed him and bathed him and he still leaved hairballs and hair everywhere he walks it seems to be. Is there any amount I can trim what will be benefitial or help out. I bidded on a FURminator on ebay, so hopefully I have the winning bid, as the brush I have now.. meh, seems to do a dollar general-ish type job of helping the shed. Any tips, tricks, or advice? I will take all I can get!

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If your corgi is a regular coat, DO NOT cut / trim him. It is a double coat for insulation. You should be able to get a small Furminator on ebay for less than $19 with shipping included. Once you got a furminator, read and follow the instructions. It will solve ALL your shedding problem.
Trimming can damage the top coat which grows very slowly and doesn't shed much. It can also encourage thicker growth of the undercoat...the part that sheds. So trimming can make your shedding problem even worse.

Good luck with the Furminator bidding! Everyone who has one swears by it. I have the same results with an inexpensive shedding blade. Regular brushing with a good tool is the key to get rid of the shedding problem.
dont trim, i did it on her bum and it still hasnt grown back so she has a choppy bum. :( i feel your frusteration, i brush her everyday and still get handfuls of hair when petting her. i guess its just that time of year
if you don't win on ebay, just buy one on amazon.com. =D it's probably around the same time, and you don't have to sit at the computer for the last minute refreshing. =P
We shaved Moira when we got her because she was so obese and over heated quickly. Made us NUTS as it grew back. I would not suggest shaving down a corgi. I've actually found they are more likely to have heat problems and sunburn if they're shaved.

As for the Furminator, it's a very worthwhile investment. After Furminating all the "kids" we easily had a trash bag FULL of corgi fur! Continuing use of it will cut way down on shedding. Heck, without it we could make an extra corgi just with shedded hair each day! The Furminator is a necessity for any corgi owner.

Hope you have the winning bid!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service