Doc doesn't like to walk through dewy grass in the mornings when I take him out in our front yard on the leash. I can stand in the middle of the yard and he will stay as far from me and as close to the gravel as the leash will let him! If he has no choice, and HAS to walk through the grass, he will get off it as soon as he can and immediately start cleaning his feet! After taking care of business outside in the backyard, he comes up on the deck and cleans his feet again. It's really cool, because we never have to worry about what Doc will track in! There's never ANY doggie paw prints on the floor here!

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha cute, no my neeka doesn't care, she will step in anything haha
No, but I wish they were!! You're lucky with Doc!! I wish Steve and Turtle were like Doc because they don't mind their feet being dirty. As a matter of fact I've never seen them clean their feet. Steve is now good at letting me wipe his feet when coming in the house. Turtle on the other hand will have nothing to do with anyone wiping his feet (I could touch it when we're just sitting or playing but never to wipe his feet clean).
I envy Doc's clean feet.....
i envy it too, neeka wont let me wipe her feet so everytime she comes in the door i put her in the bathtub and run a little bit of water and she will "dig" in the water and thats how i clean her feet haha
after it rains i have to carry chloe outside to go potty and usually stand outside with her, otherwise she is trying to get off the wet ground and back on the deck. i actually had to catch her this morning to take her out. i opened the door and she ran away. but when i take here out for a walk she will bounce through every puddle she sees. she can be such a brat sometimes.
Yes, Mocha is a clean freak, he avoid wet grass, walk around puddles, never poop in the same place and will only do it outside of our property line :(
I don't know what Lily's problem is, but some days Lily refuses to go to the grass, or only moves on to the grass where her hind paws make it... but her bum is still over the pavement and she'll poop right on the walk! ARGH! Ticks my dad off so much. We kinda thought that the grass was probably still wet from the morning and that's why she does it, but her behavior has become more and more inconsistent.
Charlie hates to walk in the wet grass! I have to dry his feet and belly off after he has been out in the wet grass. He LOVES his dry off! If I don't have his towel ready by the back door, he will run in and roll all over the dining room rug, muddy paws and all!
Oh I wish... dog park+after rain = big mud puddle.... Roxi goes Weeeeeeee!

our corgi turns BROWN.

my question is is how does he clean his feet? specially on really muddy days..... if he's licking do you worry about health issues?

I just had a laugh remember an episode of "its me or the dog" and the lady reminding people to remember where their dogs mouths have been before they lick everyone in the house.. then shows all these dogs jumping on and licking people's faces :)
No, I don't worry about health issues with this habit. I know that dogs' mouths do encounter some disgusting stuff..... mud is one of the least offensive, as far as I'm concerned! After all, haven't you ever seen your dog clean his/her "other" body parts? ;)
Its true :) you do have a point!

I was just thinking of this caked up mud and everything lol
Brody is a paw licker too. Not necessarily after being on wet grass -- he doesn't seem to mind that, but if his paws start looking a little "gray" he starts the licking. Guess he wants his pretty white paws to stay that way. But we did work on breaking this habit, because sometimes it was really getting to be excessive (I mean the paws were sopping wet). So with a couple of sprays of bitter orange, now all we have to do is tell him to stop when he's been licking too long and maybe show him the spray bottle.
Ein is the same. It's funny how picky corgies are about their feet

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service