The pup I wanted to adopt got adopted right before me! But the breeders have two new litters of pups, but they won't be available till the first two weeks of October. Is there a certain color or size I should look for in a litter?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMHO you should visit the pups sometime after their fourth week and see how they interact and the general temperment and health of the parents. Colors and markings mean very little except to a person who's showing the dogs. After good health, temperment and personality should be what you look at and then markings. I would say you want a normal sized pup (average in the littler) and one who is not fearful or extrememly shy.

Most often when I have dealt with a reputable breeder they have asked me enough questions that I thought It was a Spanish inquisition. From the conversations with the breeder, when I went and looked at the pups, they had a suggestion of one or two pups, they considered fitting to my lifestyle and what I wanted to do with the dog. (I was doing AKC obedience showing at the time, was single and worked odd hours) I then picked a dog from those the breeder felt was appropriate. I really trust reputable breeders since they know more about the individual pups and what type of homes they should go to. Often we're tempted to pick out the most eager, hyper and bold puppy only find out later that that pup needs to be in a home that will be doing agility, herding or have a serious job. This often leads to that "uncontrollable pup".

Is your breeder on the PWCCA list for Oklahoma? If so, they will probably help you with your choice.
I'm so sorry...but keep looking! The perfect dog is waiting for you. I would have a hard time choosing based on looks, I love them all. Focus on temperament, like the previous posted said.
Hi
Our breeder has a wonderful sized corgi! She isn't huge. She was the runt of the litter. She is the mom of the pups.
You should get one of the smaller puppies!! Extra small, extra cute! ( well, at least kinda small )
Also, I love tri-colored corgis because it gives more colors and stands out! But, the red and white ones are very cute too! Good luck!
I would go check them out if possible. When my family went to get my baby girl we were actually looking for a blue cardigan. But once we arrived we fell in love with our Malibu. I was hoping to look and come back in a week but once we interacted with her we took her home that day. Good Luck
Sounds like you are open to color, so work with the breeder to pick out the one that fits your lifestyle.

You could always take the most average one out of the litter; not too small/big, hyper/shy.
Bear, Tasha and Linus want to add their two cents. As others have agreed, you want temperment first and foremost. Do go back and see the pups as they grow, interact and watch the parents of the litter. When I purchased Linus (after two 12 hour drives to Massachusetts, some kennel work alongside the breeder and indepth conversations about my lifestyle, my multi-corgi household and what I have to offer to her pup), he was chosen for me as he matured. I was honored to have Anne Bowes match us up and her choice was perfect. I'll never forget the day when we drove back to pick up Linus - the choice was Anne's - what a perfect match for us all! Corgi hugs from Williamsburg, VA: Bear, Tasha and Linus
my breeder chose the puppy for me. based totally on personality, i didn't care about size/looks.. she knew i was going to be bringing her to work with me (i no longer do since we moved far away but i did for the first year) and that i would walk her/spoil her like crazy. so she picked out one of the more "needy" dogs, it worked out good since i had ALOT of time to spend with her as a puppy.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service