Out of nowhere, Bailey is peeing again all over the house. I thought it's just a stage he's going through at 7 months but 2 months later he's back to his peeing business. He would be fine for days and then peed again. I don't think it's because he couldn't hold but he's doing it on purpose to tell me something?
Yesterday, he actually peed on my feet TWICE. What does this mean? Is he 'claiming' me because he gets jealous whenever I give Truffle attention and he follows me absolutely everywhere in the house.
Anyone out there had this experience?

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Katy,
Thanks for reply. Yes, Bailey is fixed. Don't they suppose to not marking after they're fixed?
Now that I think about it, he's actually peed on me more than twice! I've scrubbed my feet clean :):) but still he's aiming for them! arggh!
Does he telling me he's the boss? because he's not the alpha type.
My dog has peed on me while out around other dogs. I think he IS marking me as his!
hahaha. It's kinda cute in a way but I'm watching Bailey suspiciously now everytime he comes near me.
At 9 months old, he still hasn't learned to lift his leg while peeing so it's kinda hard to see what he's doing.
Our 9-month old, Monty had his first pee inside since he was 4 months this past weekend. I came downstairs and saw wet spot on the carpet and tried to figure out when he could have actually done it. That is the last time I fall asleep while watching tv for awhile. I would have been furious but it was too late to scold him and I read on this site several times that they can revert during their "teen" years so I am hoping that with some vigilance we will get through this period with no more accidents! Good luck!
I must be very lucky.....Duncan has never peed anywhere but on his piddle pad in the house. Now granted, occasionally, he has just caught the edge of the pad, but he has always gone to it. In fact, he has gone to that spot when there hasn't been a pad. I clean up around his area with a small rug cleaner each week, just in case there had been a " just caught the edge" accident I missed, and he ran over and piddle on the spot while I was getting the stuff ready. Boy, did those Sham-Wows come in handy that day! I really couldn't make myself scold him for doing it, because he did go to his area, but no pad down.

I know some people don't like piddle pads for an adult dog, saying that it confuses him, but this system works for us and he will still let us know when he wants out. The pads are for when my husband is asleep during the day and I'm at work. Duncan seems to know not to disturb him...that is until at least 3:30. Then both of the dogs sit by the edge of the bed and wait for my husband to stir and wake up, which he does usually around that time. My husband says it's funny, he opens his eyes and has these two eager faces looking at him. LOL!
Wow, I've never had that experience with Theo thankfully, though it is kind of sweet when you think about it. My dog doesn't love me enough to pee on my foot! D:

Hehe.
Are you bending over him when he does this? Is he getting really excited or scared? It may be submissive urination.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service