So bindi sometimes has a nasty habit of eating her poop.
i saw on petco's web site that there something u can feed them to curb this habit. Is this safe or effective? or is there another better alternative?

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can also try a product called Forbid that vets usually carry, it works well.
Thanks guys! we're going to try the Pineapple. Its a pain cuz she only eats it sometimes. She mostly plays in it too (shes like a little pig!) i will let you know how the pineapple works! :)
Please do, if Banzai ever starts to eat his I'll know how well the remedy works.
When I had a Sheltie my Vet also mentioned that canine multi-vitamins might work also if the dog is trying to find missing nutrients. Others sprinkle black pepper on the stools.........neither seemed to make a lot of difference to my Sheltie.....sometimes he did it and sometimes not.....rigorously keeping the piles cleaned up minimizes the number of incidents.
My twin had the same problem with her corgi. We took her to the vet and he gave us this powder called "Forbid"

He said there was a 50/50 of it working or not. For my twin, it worked. It's a tasteless white powder you put on their food and it suppose to make it taste bad or smell gross (what poop already doesn't?!) but it worked for her! Maybe you should ask about that :-) good luck, I know how hard it is to deal with that behavior...
If you want to try the For-Bid, you don't need a prescription from a vet. I'd compare prices ...vets often charge more for non-Rx products than pet supply stores or internet.
Early on, Kyoshi ate his poop maybe 3 or 4x, but the last time he did, I think he finally learned his lesson. I left him out in the yard for a bit to handle his business, I came back outside to find no doodoo, and I know he pinched a loaf off. I take him to work afterwards and put him in his crate, next thing you know, this foul stench permeates thru my cube, and my co-worker smells it too. I look in this crate and there's 2 mound of his vomit and it smells like poop!
I was livid. I took him out, scolded him, and had the unenviable task of cleaning up his bed and toys that he yacked his poop vomit on. After that, he never ate his dookie again, thank God.
Good luck with the pineapple and forbid.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service