One of my breeders has sent me a picture of an available puppy she has. So I am seeking professional advice (all of you!!) will this cute little puppy end up being a red-headed tri puppy?

Views: 238

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The color around the muzzle will surely be black. We bought two corgis so I know for sure. Most probably the fur on the back will also be black (aka sable).
My little Gunni started out with a dark body like that and she is red and white now...she lightened up a ton after she was 8 weeks old.
Frank started out really, really dark, with very little red around his ears or on the top. He "matured" (in color and body only!) into a tri w/ quite a bit of black, but as a puppy he looked exactly like a Bernese Mountain Dog. This one looks a little too light to grow into a real Tri, but is devlishly handsome anyways!
Looks like a sable colored puppy. I agree that the sable coloring will probably be light.
Sorry to say this pup is not a tri. Red headed Tri's start out with a lot of black. See the picture bellow.

And now that she is full grown.

Will be red and white or sable.
NO!! This pup is a sable. Tris will be mostly black and those black hairs shed off to the red coloring. This is mouse color which doesn't always mean sable and could be red and white but this pup has the shadowing on his head and the black around the muzzle which is telling me sable. There are different types of sables..your true sable has the mask on its face and then theres the ones that have the black along the back w/some black on the face.
Looks like a sable to me. Some pups start out sable and lose their sabling as they get older, this pup looks like she'll keep lots of sabling when she's older but that's just my opinion :P

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service