We have a furminator and it works great. But the only part on Mochi's body is the butt fur. It's really fluffy and poop is starting to get stuck sometimes when she goes to the bathroom! So i was wondering if any of you other corgi owners, Do you shave the butt fur? Trim it down? I'm not really sure what to do except to keep brushing/furminaizing, but its still really thick!
Maybe i'll get a picture of it soon.

Views: 2988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Furminator is great, I would only do a trim around the anus, not a complete butt shave.
I agree with Kristen...a little trimming where the poop is sticking, but no shaving. Fortunately Charlie has never had "things stick" back there, so the only trimming we do is the long fur between his paw pads.
Yeah i wasn't really thinking about shaving it bare, but i guess i can try to trim or take her to get trimmed.
stick with dry food will make the poop compact and not sticking :)
She does eat dry food. and her poops are pretty firm. Don't ask me how it gets on her fur God only knows!!
Last week she jumped onto the couch after she had gone to the bathroom ( I wasn't there) and got it all over the couch...
Our groomer gives Toby a "poop chute" plus we give him bran cereal to help keep his stools firm.
We've had this problem a few times. I've just trimmed the hair around the problem area and it makes a world of difference.
We had this problem with a family dog when I was younger, (it was a Chow/Corgi or Lab/Corgi) anyway, I believe the solution was to shave the hindquarters with a large enough razor-guard and fade it into the hair on her side, you would never know she had a haircut. Seems like it was called a "poop chute" now that you mention it.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service