Hey Everyone,

We were thinking about getting this for our babies.... has anyone tried it or heard anything?

http://www.peticure.com/

Thanks!
Christina & Vicki
Dingo & Mimi

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our Molly wouldn't let anyone with that thing within 10 feet of her! Those commercials always make me laugh.
Hey everyone. . .sorry haven't gotten back to those who are interested in the Peticure. . .been working on several projects and haven't been able to respond. . .well I finally got my Peticure after 5 weeks and it is marvelous. . .my pupsters aren't afraid of it and they don't pull back when I handle their paws. . .my little baby Cloe was hesitant at first but when she saw her big brother and sister get theirs done, she came right over to me to investigate. . .I was very gentle and slow with her and now when she sees me bring it out, she's the first one in line. . .lol. . .you can actually see how far down you're filing so you know you won't hurt them. . .I love this and would recommend it to anyone. . .it more than pays for itself in just a few sessions. . . .haven't tried it on my cats yet, that in itself is another adventure. . . .LOL
So there is a chance still that you could still file down to the quick right? It doesn't gaurd against that? But is the idea that the dogs won't pull away so you can actually see what you are doing? from the video it kinda seems like you could go too far and hurt the dog....
I do 2 to 3 quick filings per nail and I haven't had any problems. . .you can actually see if the nail is filed down enough before you go to the next one. . .you don't have to file much, just enough to make them comfortable. In the long run, this is a whole lot better than the conventional way of clipping. . .I've seen the vet do it and it always seemed to hurt them.
I thought it would be nice too, but the breeder that we are getting our pup from said they are very loud! She said that they show all of the calm dogs on the commercial. I wouldn't buy it, but you can if you want.
I think the 20$ is loud and the only difference with the other two 40$ and 50$ ones is they're more quiet..
My bf got one of these I tried it on my thumbnail and my nail stopped it from turning. That kind of turned me off from buying it bc I couldnt see how it could be that effective it its so weak. Then again I have a dremel already and if I ever felt so inclined i could just use that @_@
I have to admit, it's kind of funny... I grew up showing dogs and we always used a dremel on nails. I still do. It makes a nice tight, clean paw, the dogs (once used to it) don't fight it or complain, and it is really smooth. Dremeled nails don't ruin hardwood floors, either. ;)

But I have had several customers try these dog-specific ones and most have not been impressed with the baseline model. I guess there's three different ones, and the more expensive ones work better.

I personally have just a simple, cordless Dremel with a solid sanding disk on it - had it for years and it does the job just fine.
Which model do you have?
I was thinking about getting this: Dremel 761-03 7,000/14,000 RPM Cordless Pet Nail Grooming Rotary Tool
The one I got was the Peticure Elite and I just love it. . .it's easy to use, comes with a recharger and my pupsters are not afraid of it.
Man, I am so sorry. I missed this reply, I totally apologize. That's the one my groomer uses; mine's just a regular ol' clunky corded Dremel I've had for thirteen years. :D
I saw these at Bed Bath and Beyond for $20 (as seen on TV! the package proclaims proudly), and I used one of their 20% off coupons on it. We have not tried it yet, though.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service