My Corgi Kona weighs 9lbs at 5 months. Im really curious to know when other corgis stopped growing. From what I hear, they grow bigger until a certain point and start putting on weight after. Anyway, it would be nice to know other owners' experience.

Views: 13209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I still think he is going to be on the big side...his dad was not small by any means!
Kyoshi turned 6 mos last week and hes at least 21-22 lbs already, and he only eats twice a day with a few treats here and there. He comes with me to work, so he gets 2-3 walks during the day, and another one at night before he hits the sack. I think he is a little "taller" than most corgis(thats not saying much since he still looks like a lowrider to me)...and he's definitely getting a lot longer. His brother is definitely got stubbier legs than him but weighs just as much. Its funny how different they are in size and temperament, yet still so similar.
Kona is only 9lbs at 5 months? I think Kyoshi was 7 lbs when we first got him at 8 weeks old! You sure he's pure bred?
Mei was about 15-20lbs at that age. She stopped growing taller at 6 months (she's kind of tall for a Corgi though). She just kept growing longer until about a year old. She's about 26lbs fully grown now and everyone says she's really fit and the skinniest Corgi around.
My male is 12. He is now quite heavy. Over 30lbs. He started growing outwards noticably at about 7 years of age,.. As for my Bitch.. well she is a different story altogether. She can eat for 4 dogs. She was always big. From 12 months. She was 7 weeks gone before we noticed she was expecting. A litter of 8.. They are all different..
Kiki has gone thru 2 spurts, she is 11 months old and weighs 24 pounds... shes still very much a runt compared to older corgis like her friend muki, who is about 6 years old and significantly larger. Perhaps she's a runt :)
Kiki is very close to the ideal standard (25 pounds for females) and she will likely fill out in the next 6 months - 1 year and be "darn-near perfect". Every Corgi we've met over the last year has be overweight, so they look much larger (thicker) than Charlie....they just need to be put on a diet! : - ) I expect an out-of-standard "runt" would end up at 20 pounds or less.
Grover is probably 15 or 16 pounds now, and he is 16 weeks old. So I guess, if they are suppose to grow a pound a week, he is right on target. But he still seems like such a big boy to me!!
Actually the knowledgeble breeder commented on my page the avg. weight at 6 months is usually 20Lbs. She also commented that Kona is a minature. Kona will be 6 months tomorrow and she weighed in at 10Lbs couple of days ago...

Her dad was on the smaller side and Kona was the by far the smallest out of the litter. As far as her being a pure breed, well.. her parents are AKC registered, and by looking at them and her she looks like a purebreed. One thing i noticed about Kona is that she is more petite and her legs seems longer than other corgis.

After all, her being a purebreed is not all that important to me as long as she healthy and adorable. From the beginning I wanted a small Corgi thinking it will fit my lifestyle and preference. To me she is a perfect Corgi.

Well thanks everyone for the input and here are some pictures of her family..
Attachments:
Kona's parents are beautiful. And Kona is gorgeous!!!!!!
Thank you.. so is Bailey =)
Winston just turned a year old and I am noticing that he isn't growing as much and he's starting to get chunky (better lay off the treats!) Sooo I would say probably about a year old haha
And I thought I was crazy. Everybody kept saying "what a tiny corgi" and I was starting to feel uncomfortable. My Bailey just turned 6 months last week and she is 14 pounds. The vet says is very healthy and has a good shape. So I guess she is ok. I will keep updating as she grows.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service