Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been around. Buddha and I have been traveling and complaining a little about the snow ( it's kept us in a lot of the winter and that bodes not well for both of our waistlines).

Anyhow! I'm looking to see what kind of changes your dogs have gone through as they are aging. Personality, health in those categories. What do you, or do you t do with your corgi now that they are aging? What have you changed in their diet, if anything? How about tooth health?
This is more of an informative and interactive discussion. I know I'm curious, I bet some others are too!

For some background on Buddha, he is now 10 yrs old and a purebred PWC neutered male. He weighs about 30 pounds at last weigh in and his last vet visit was perfect! The he flew from Minneapolis, Mn to Nome, AK ;) He seems healthier nowadays than he has in the past. He is fed PureVita Grain Free Turkey and Pea, approx 3/4 to 1 cup a day depending on how much we played and walked that day.
He is a bit more grouchy and does his own thing unless it benefits him (he used to be more pleasing to me and what I wanted) in his aging. He has figured out how to make these odd wookie noises at my boyfriend to get him to open the treat cupboard. Haha!
Also, he still loves to hike and exercise. He is still learning new tricks even! His partial tears on both ACLs haven't acted up, he gets baby aspirin once in a while to nip some inflammation after exercising.

Ready, set, discuss!!

Views: 1575

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So glad this helped Max!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...