I recently got a little 10 week old male Pembroke and he's really a character. He is trying to talk to me. In fact, if I tell him "No" he says "no" back. It sounds just like a kid! I had another male Pembroke who also "spoke" to us a lot. My female, Katy, acts like a normal dog. Anyone else experiencing this?

Views: 3117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I imagine that by the time he's a year old, he'll want his own smart phone. Thanks for the giggle.

MACHETE DON'T TEXT

Thank you for posting this! :D!

My male is a real talker and my female is not; she barks a lot but does not have any weird vocalizations.

Jack will grumble, harumph, aroo-roo-roo, do the wookie noises, and a number of other things.

Maddie barks, as I said, and also screams if she is very excited and being kept from doing something she really, really wants to do (chase a frisbee, swim, go see someone who usually gives treat). I've never heard a dog scream before, until I got her!

Sometimes when Scout is whining, it sounds like she says "mom"  Other than that she grumbles, barooos, and does lots of other odd noises.  And she RARELY barks.  If there is something outside, she will "boof" quietly and that's about it...

Sky (10 wks old) makes very strange noises when he's by himself in his crate with a chew toy. It's like he's talking to the toy.  He growls at it and makes fierce, scary noises...very primal.

One time my husband and I were talking and he could see us through the baby gate, and he made noises like he was trying to talk human-talk and join our conversation. We cracked up.

Sometimes he barks back at me when I tell him no, too.

Al & Gwynnie talk to me all the time, with a thick Welsh accent.  Their diction is actually better in Spanish than in English, and they think I can't understand them when they talk behind my back in Spanish, and I do not catch it all, because my Spanish is rudimentary -- I miss a lot of the deprecatory innuendo -- but I get the gist of it.  Kind of humbling to be ridiculed by your dogs, but they're not really mean about it.

Seriously:  they have this whole language, and make a wide range of vocalizations, mostly in the morning when they're trying to get us out of bed.  I want to record it someday.  Endearing, entertaining.

John: Loved your reply. Thanks for the giggle.

Napolean will greet us with a loud "baroooo" when we come home ... Like "wherrrre hsve you brrn?" Funny I recognized a similar sound Scout makes that Napolean seems to make too. In the morning it's baroooo I'd accompanied by a bowing stretch.

Our Tenby is a talker.  Or I should say a "back talker".  He has to have the last word especially if you tell him no.  Even after I say don't you back talk me...........I get a little puff bark from him.  We really try hard not to laugh, don't want to encourage him.  

out of the two I have only one is a talker, and he talks enough for the both of them! You always know how Sherman feels and what he is thinking as he is so expressive with his voice. I have to tell guests who aren't that dog crazy not to look him in the eyes or its an invitation for him. He sighs, whines, grumbles, cries, and just plain shouts. It can be a bit much but its also so endearing at the same time :) Corgis are so special

In addition to the normal barks and grumbles, we think Kaylee makes a wookie-like sound when she wants us to stop doing other things and play with her. Many times it's too cute to resist.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service