A friend of mine said she has given baby aspirin or buffered aspirin to her dog in the past....
So I "googled" baby aspirin for dogs to which there are mixed reviews.  Has anyone ever given their dog baby aspirin for joint stiffness or sore muscles?   If so what was your experience/results?

Views: 3337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a matter of fact this weekend ive given baby aspirin to Carly twice. She swallowed a bee it stung her throat and she was having very bad hacking and gagging, coughing, the vet said the baby aspirin would ease the discomfort and take the swelling down. she weighs 25 lbs .. he said to give her two. once a day for a week but no more and not longer than a week.
I actually just asked my vet about this recently and she said aspirin was fine to give occasionally, but can cause ulcers if used long term. Luke is 34 lbs. and she said he could have a half of a 325 mg aspirin. I've only given him a baby aspirin a few times (81 mg) but it definitely did seem to help. 

My dog weighs 34 pounds as well and he almost died from eating 6 baby aspirins equaling 480mg.

I will never try home remedies on my dogs again, I rather get them dog  intended medicine right away.

Children don't get aspirin until they reach a certain age as well, it poses many risks if administered the wrong way.

Sorry to hear about your frightening experience :(  Glad to hear that your little guy is fine.  It is ok to give a dog baby aspirin in certain circumstances and I leave that up to my vet to tell me what the circumstances and what the dosage should be. 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service