The more and more I think about Tuckers grooming, the more I am convinced the groomer did not follow my directions to NOT trim Tucker.  The part that is bugging me the most is his bunny butt.  It just doesn't look right!!!

I have a before picture and an after video.  The video shows up better than a picture does.

Here is the link to the video of After Tucker was groomed:

Not sure this link will work, but hopefully the file of the video I attach works.  I am not completely computer savvy but getting better.

http://www.mycorgi.com/video/1150197:Video:1063316

So this is totally bothering me now, and there isn't a thing I can do to change it. It really is so annoying when you put your trust into a groomer and they blow it!!  I now have to wait for it to grow back, which is so hard to do, when I want it back the way its suppose to be now!! :( 

Funny how I am regretting my decision to take him in and get rid of all those loose tufts, and I now miss them, I would love to have those back and have it right again.  Next time I am just brushing him myself, even if it takes me triple the time it took the groomer. 

My question is how long will it take for it to look normal again?

What are  your thoughts on what the groomer did to his bunny butt?

Thanks for listening and I am all ears for your opinions!! 

Views: 177

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, he DOES look ridiculous!   :)

However, it does not look like a trim job to me.  Jack's pants are mostly undercoat, and when he blows coat in the late spring he becomes pantsless for the summer.   I just got two huge piles of hair out of his pants last night and another two huge piles this morning. 

To me, it looks like she used some sort of stripper to get out all the hair that was "letting go" for summer, but didn't use the stripper around his bum for obvious reasons.  Hence, no undercoat except around his "back door" and where his manly bits used to be.  :)

If he were shaved, you'd have some sign of blunt hairs somewhere.  

Maddie's trappings are more of a mix of top coat and undercoat, and she never looks quite so bare as Jack does.  Honestly in summer he looks like an adolescent who hasn't gotten his full coat yet.  It makes him look awkward--- too long, ears too big--- because he's out of balance without the fluffy pants.

I agree that the groomer didn't do the best job. But it will grow back normally or you may have to find a more skilled groomer and bring "before photos" so the groomer knows exactly what you want.

But, just to put this in perspective, let me tell you a story about a groomer highly recommended by a friend who loves her dog more than her husband. Since dirt seems to just fall off my Corgis' coats, they rarely require bathing & when they do, my husband bathes them. However, my husband's back went out and he brought our gorgeous Corgi litter mates to this groomer. Later we got a phone call from the groomer that Emily was dead. We assumed the baths would be one-on-one like at home. But this groomer put our two corgis in separate baths w. choke collars, not a harness, and left them alone while she answered a phone call. As soon as she left to answer the phone, Emily tried to jump out and hung herself. It's an tragic story and one I dread sharing. But, I think it's important for all owners to check out the grooming facility, be sure there's a harness and not a choke collar at the bath, AND that the dogs are never left alone in the bath for one second. Also be sure that if your dog will be blow dryed, that it is done one-on-one, and that a blow dryer is not left in the crate with your dog. Overheated blowdryers in crates have been the cause of many dog deaths.

Essentially what I'm saying is that as bad as Tucker's grooming was, it could be a lot worse.

Oh my gosh, Wendy, that's awful!

Hey Beth,

I see your response to my posting about Emily but I don't see my original post. Do you still see it? It was, as you can imagine, hard for me to write. But now it appears gone.

Wendy, it appeared gone to me last night as well, and then some how reappeared.  It is doing it again.  But it isn't gone.  I finally was able to reply after it reappeared last night.
click your refresh button on your browser once in the discussion, then it comes back.

It would only show while the page was loading then disappear when loading was complete, for some reason.

I captured it with the "copy" function on my iPhone and pasted it into Notes to read it.  I see you reposted it, and that second copy shows normally.

I was only able to re-post because Natalie sent it to my inbox. This never happened to me before. Ordinarily I wouldn't care. I often delete my own things. I just thought this information might one day save someones dog or cat.

Beth, Very resourceful!  : )

Ordinarily I wouldn't care. My posts are barely worth the effort, and as I said earlier, I often delete them myself. I just thought this might be an important cautionary tale. (or in Natalie's case a cautionary tale. haha)

The post wasn't deleted, I think the system is just being glitchy.

How awful, Im so sorry to hear that happened to your corgi. Yes, that definately puts this into perspective.  :( 

I'm sure that is very hard for you to share the story.  I will now have more questions for the groomer next time I take either one of the dogs.  Thanks for making me aware. 

I usually go twice a year to the groomer, during high shedding season.  In fact the last time Lance was at a groomers was in 2009, same one as Tucker went to, but different groomer.  I first started getting Lance groomed as a pup, and had a neighbor around the block do the grooming.  She allowed me to stay, since I was a neighbor, which kinda of spoiled me.  I was a first time nervous puppy mommy.  After a few years, she moved and I had to find a new groomer.  The new groomer I found was a new pet boutique with a grooming room, and once again managed to be able to stay.  I just couldn't get myself to leave!!!   The first time I have ever left during a grooming, was Tuckers 1st grooming believe it or not.  He is very calm, so I think that is why I felt ok about leaving him, and also he is my second, hence I am becoming calmer.  Lance is actually calm at the groomer although a bit nervous but does great.  Lance was my first puppy to raise.   

Thanks Natalie. It was very hard sharing that story, but I thought it was important. Now I no longer see my comment. Do you? I don't think there's any way I could sit down and write that tragic story again. At first I thought that maybe I did something wrong and didn't post it. But I saw your response and Beth's, so I knew it was posted yesterday.

I thought if the story could save one dog or cat it was certainly worth posting. I also knew it would put your sadness about Tucker's bad "do" into perspective.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service