The more and more I think about Tuckers grooming, the more I am convinced the groomer did not follow my directions to NOT trim Tucker.  The part that is bugging me the most is his bunny butt.  It just doesn't look right!!!

I have a before picture and an after video.  The video shows up better than a picture does.

Here is the link to the video of After Tucker was groomed:

Not sure this link will work, but hopefully the file of the video I attach works.  I am not completely computer savvy but getting better.

http://www.mycorgi.com/video/1150197:Video:1063316

So this is totally bothering me now, and there isn't a thing I can do to change it. It really is so annoying when you put your trust into a groomer and they blow it!!  I now have to wait for it to grow back, which is so hard to do, when I want it back the way its suppose to be now!! :( 

Funny how I am regretting my decision to take him in and get rid of all those loose tufts, and I now miss them, I would love to have those back and have it right again.  Next time I am just brushing him myself, even if it takes me triple the time it took the groomer. 

My question is how long will it take for it to look normal again?

What are  your thoughts on what the groomer did to his bunny butt?

Thanks for listening and I am all ears for your opinions!! 

Views: 177

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Beth. There are no words. It pulled the rug out of my family's life. It was so unfair. Yet, I hate to mention it because it is just so awful to tell people that your beautiful, adored little 8 yr old Corgi hung herself because of groomer neglect. But, it is a real story and needs to be told. I was going to send it to "Dear Abby" and all that. But, when Natalie was so upset about Tucker's grooming, I felt it was time to share this story. I think I mentioned this when I first joined mycorgi. But, I still don't always understand how to properly navigate this site.

On a happier note, I went to the S CA Specialty and it was lots of fun. Lucy got to see her breeder and she remembered him! She's like an elephant and remembers everyone she's ever met. I was sorry that I didn't get to see Doug, Deb and Gromit as we planned last year when I had to cancel. But instead I got to meet Gromit's breeders and loved them AND Gromit's father, Chance. Gromit is his father's clone. I actually pointed to this Corgi and told Gromit's breeder that this Corgis face reminded me so much of Gromit. Mind you, I never met Gromit, just saw his photos on mycorgi. So I was stunned when she told me he is Gromit's father. I knew that Mike, Debbie and Hank would be there, but I didn't see them either. So much happening...like a 3-ring circus. Maybe next year!

I agree that the groomer didn't do the best job. (Ooops. Didn't know there was a video. It may be worse than I thought!  : )  But it will grow back normally or you may have to find a better groomer and bring "before photos" so the groomer knows exactly what you want.

But, just to put this in perspective, let me tell you a story about a groomer highly recommended by a friend who loves her dog more than her husband. Since dirt seems to just fall off my Corgis' coats, they rarely require bathing & when they do, my husband bathes them. However, my husband's back went out and he brought our gorgeous Corgi litter mates to this groomer. Later we got a phone call from the groomer that Emily was dead. We assumed the baths would be one-on-one like at home. But this groomer put our two corgis in separate baths w. choke collars, not a harnesses, and left them alone while she answered a phone call. As soon as she left to answer the phone, Emily tried to jump out and hung herself.

It's an tragic story and one I dread sharing. But, I think it's important for all owners to check out the grooming facility, be sure there's a harness and not a choke collar at the bath, AND that the dogs are never left alone in the bath for one second. Also be sure that if your dog will be blow dryed, that it is done one-on-one, and that a blow dryer is not left in the crate with your dog. Overheated blowdryers in crates have been the cause of many dog deaths.

Essentially what I'm saying is that as bad as Tucker's grooming was, it could be a lot worse.

Wendy, that is a nightmare!! im so sorry that happened to your family...
Just wondering if there's another groomer that works at the place you brought Tucker. They should correct this, free of charge, and copy the way you want Tucker's rear to look from your original photo.

There is another groomer that works at the place I took Tucker.  There really isn't anything to fix, as his pants are gone!!!  The part that is left is a bit uneven, but Im wiling to wait til the rest grows out and see how it looks then.  I just hate waiting, but have no choice.

i just hope the pants grow back evenly so I dont have to have the groomer correct anything. 

Have to agree with Gail & Ashton. He's gonna have all the girlz in tha 'hood after him!

LOL :) 

I also am hoping that when his new fur comes in, it comes in just as dark as it was before, the nice deep red.  It lightened up after the grooming!!  I really should call and ask exactly what they did to him. 

At least he was already neutered!

PS

I don't think his coat lightened up, just the undergrowth was lighter. I don't have to tell you that tris colors constantly change. Rafa started out with a black head and now it's mostly red. His body color changes as well. To me, he's a tootsie roll.

ahh, yeah thats probably it, so does that mean that when he gets his fur back it will still be the same color it was.  He is 3 1/2.   This is all new to me.  :)

Yes, good thing he was neutered..hehe

It should be the same color. With tris you never know because their colors change a lot.

I have to chime in and say what a cutie-I have to admit I watched the video several times and showed it to the family, it is sooo funny!

On the other hand, I know a little bit how you are feeling.  The first time we took ours in I distinctly told them NO CUTTING, just a bath.  NO TRIMMING!  They did anyway.  They may think it looks better but I love their little bunny butts!  After that I always talk with the actual person who is doing the grooming, not the person I check in with....

Anyway Tucker is still the cutest little thing!

I hate to be a wet blanket, but in the grand scheme of things, this haircut is not that big an issue. Hair come and goes. It will grow back. He doesn't care what it looks like as long as he is loved and fed. If it grows in a different color, are you going to get rid of him? I doubt it. Again, sorry to be a grump but.......

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service