alright so here we go again, as usual it's the same dog, Torque. she seems to be prone to issues lol but i love her never the less. so starting last night, she was straining to poop when i would take the girls out to potty. nothing was coming out until this morning & it wasn't super watery just gooey....loose. but after her early morning potty time she hasn't pooped again, she has already had 1 of her meals for the day. but she is still trying, every times we go out to potty, she will try to poop & will try for as long as she is outside. she now has a small amount of bloody liquid coming out when she is straining. i have started her on rice today & i just happened to make chicken broth popsicles for them yesterday so they could have something to do & not be bored. so she is getting broth as well. i keep them blocked off in a room that has been doggy proofed & i keep it clean & free of small items. they only roam free around the house when i am stationary in one part of the house (had my 12th spinal surgery about 5 week ago, so i have to have down time during the day, so i just use that opportunity to play/train with them & let them get out of their room), but they r not allow of my sight & they know where they r allowed & not allowed. if she ate something, i don't know what or when, i keep a very close eye on them. she is acting like her happy normal self, she isn't lethargic & is more than happy to eat. we did do some new things in this last week:
last weekend the both got their 1st rabies shots
yesterday, they got their first peanut butter jar to lick & clean out (i cut the jar in half & melted the edges smooth so it wouldn't cut them)
i took them outside yesterday to play soccer as well as catch bubbles (ordinary plain jane bubbles.)
yesterday while playing soccer, torque ran right in front of the ball after i kicked it & it hit her in the face (not sure if that could have caused enough stress to make her poop blood, but just in case)....i felt bad but it wasn't intentional
not that i think this would have an affect on her, but during play they got thirsty & they got a drink out of the duck pool which had some duck poop on the bottom of the pool but the water was clear. they eat duck & chicken poop all the time though (they are not knowingly allowed to eat it) so it's nothing new
any ideas as to what it can be? they are both up to date on all their shot, on flea meds, & take heart worm protection.
Torque with pb on her nose = ]

Views: 3081

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When teddy was really young he would have the same things. Yellow mushy poo. But then I sswitched him to a really good high qulity food such as wellness. It may seem expensive but a 15 pound bag lastes me 3months. They stay fuller longger and they over all health really stands out=) have u taken a fresh poo sample into the vet? My vet always made me take in fresh sample. Also when they have that really slimy poo that means their intestines r really irritated. Has that stopped? And for food to give her I would try some cooked hamburger and see how she does with that. Teddys tummy didn't agree with the chicken broth either. I really hope she feels better!
My corgi, had problems with grain-free. =O Its more kibble in general would cause soft stools and gas problems, its a very uncommon problem I've been told. I feed both my dogs freeze dried food. And that solved the gas, soft stool and the plus side I know every single ingredient in the list, I actually can name all 10 off the top of head if asked. Its about $67 for 10lbs but its equal to 55lbs of food. (A month supply for 2 20lb dogs)

I'm a dog trainer in Arlington Heights, IL and I'm very big on what people feed their dogs. Because I work in a retail store I'm not allowed to bash any foods. But I tell my pet parents what I do and do not like in certain foods and let them decided after flooding them with information in classes. The high quality foods will be pricey up front but you feed your dog less so you go through bags slower. over all cheaper to buy =D. One of my favorite brands to recommend that are corn,wheat,soy, gluten free is Blue Buffalo its about $25 for a 15lb bag. Perfect for a month supply for 1 corgi. Theres also a website that you can look at to see most dog foods ingredients http://dogfoodanalysis.com/.
thanks you for all the wonderful info! i'm going to look into new foods next week (waiting on more cash). the freeze dried food sounds like a good deal, what is the name of it?
rebecca, no i haven't brought in ne stool samples as it has cleared up as of now. what r u feeding ur dog as well?
we r a little low on cash right now (we took a family of 5 in till they can get back on their feet). i really appreciate everyone's help, i want the best for my girls, they r literally my children.
I know what u mean about being low on cash, all our money goes to the fur kids lol we all are here to help u=) I'm glad its cleared up. Hopfully the problem clears up completly. I am currently feeding all my pets wellness. They love it and its all natural food. For a 15pound is 30 but it does last a long time. The only natural food I don't recomend is natural balance as they have had so many recalls on it
Its called Grandma Lucy's Chicken is the flavor we use. 1 cup a day is what we feed our two dogs
You can try feeding food-grade diatomaceous earth for internal worms--Ragnar came with Coccidia, round worms, and Giardia and he's a magnet for fleas (nothing seems to help, except the new Sargeants all natural stuff I just got) so he gets tapeworm. He gets a little blood in the stool now and then, but he tends to have runny poops at least 2x a week if not more. It's been an ongoing battle with his delicate little colon--he must just taste yummy to parasites!

I've got him on DE twice a day and probiotics with enzymes. No more worms and he's got really firm nice poops now. I feared a food allergy or something, but these two things seemed to have cleared up his issues. Not that Torque has the same problem, but I figure none of it's bad for him as an additive--DE has minerals that are good for joint health--and the added plus is finally, after 6 months, consistently firm stools! The added plus? DE is dirt cheap, and the probiotics aren't really that expensive. A big jar of it is $27 with shipping and you only feed 1/4 teas per days, so I think it will last a while.
thanks rebecca! i just wish we weren't always so strapped for doe. i guess that's our life though since me & the hubby r a young married couple.....gotta work towards affording life lol
we have a pet store right down the road & they sell all the natural foods, so i'm going to look for those that have been mentioned & as look & read labels of ne other options.
S,L,A,& R, thanks for the info. all of this will help me. i'm trying to do what i can to make my baby 100%.
Your very welcome=) and I know exactly what u mean about being a young couple. We have been married for ayear and it was hard to work out money issues but we are getting there lol so how is she doing?
yeah, i just get tired of feeling like we can't catch up, i know we r, very slowly...but we r. 3 years of marriage & counting...
she is doing good! i found something on her poop this afternoon, looks like a little bit of a paper towel.....but i have no idea where she would have even gotten it. it was small enough that she just passed it with easy. otherwise still solid stool & not slimy. she is back on the beneful as of last night (sunday) to c how she handles it
I am wondering why you haven't taken stool in for testing? My Sophie had same symptoms plus wouldn't eat for two days. After testing, vet concluded she had Coccidia, which is a serious bacteria in the intestine. Common for puppies I'm told, but Sophie is 13yrs old. Dogs get it by sniffing other infected dogs, sniffing infected stool and is highly contagious so until treated, dogs can pass it back and forth. Medication (don't remember the name) is 5 pills first day, then a couple pills/day for about 10 days. Important to keep outdoor areas clear of poop. The duck pond/poop could have an affect. Sophie had to eat a bland diet of rice for several days, then added in kibble slowly. She eats Blue Buffalo - no grains. Hope this helps.
i haven't because money is tight, i have to wait till we get paid. thanks for the help
Thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country - I appreciate it very much. Good luck with your puppies!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service