I have noticed several comments regarding Corgi shedding and there is a solution besides brushing out the excess fur. When Winston joined our canine family of "four legged children with permanent fur coats" as my wife calls them, he left balls of hair all over the house. When we stroked him, fur literally flew. Winston no longer sheds to any significant degree thanks to a dietary supplement called LinatoneShed Relief. Winston gets a tablespoon of this tasty supplement every morning with breakfast and his shedding has all but ceased. We also give it to our Blue Heeler and she has also all but stopped shedding. We got our Shed Relief at PETCO, but it is probably available at any pet store. It is meat flavored, so dogs look at it as an added treat when it is poured over their regular food.

Views: 2943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds like he's very lucky to have found you. :-) If it were me, I'd probably get the DNA test done, just to satisfy my own curiosity.

There was a Cardi we heard about on here recently who was being offered for stud to cross with Aussies or something. Things do happen, and no matter how careful a breed club is, dogs are dogs and can end up where one would not expect them. Here's an overview of the DNA testing:

http://www.discountpetmedicines.com/dog-dna-test.htm

Like I said, I would probably do it myself if I had a rescue, for curiosity's sake. I recently read a noted behaviorist who had someone come in with their dog that they thought was a mutt for years. Turns out it was a very rare Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen. The most careful owner in the world can lose a dog. Once dogs end up in the shelter system, they can quickly end up in an entirely different part of the country from when they were lost. The popularity of microchipping makes this increasingly less common, but it can happen. Moreover, an intact male escapee can quickly impregnate a female off property; it does not take long.
an open thanx!! to charles cutshaw for the linatone shed relief info.started the 2 fuzz babies on august 8 after seeing the post,and today was the first day I really saw the changes.Around here,I vacuum at least every other day.We finally had some heat this past week after a supper cool summer and that usually signals the dogs to drop their coats within a few days.just 3 days ago,I got 3 cannisters full of hair in the Dyson.THIS MORNING,ONLY ONE FULL ONE AND A SMALL AMOUNT MORE!Their coats still feel awesome,even though I no longer give them the salmon oil and just the linatone.
How long did you feed this before seeing any result? A month? Less? Jsut curious, I may give it a try myself for our two. Did it make the stool runny at all?
We've been using Linatone for nearly two months now and we've had great results! Not only does Alwyn like the taste of it but you can definitely see the results. I'd say we started seeing some results within a week and even more by the third week. That's taking into consideration that you're bathing and grooming (we Furminate him weekly) as you normally would. Of course you'll definitely notice shedding but the amount will most DEFINITELY decrease. I also noticed that his coat became shinier and softer. His stools were not affected at all. All around you can't go wrong - it's a great product!
I agree.You really could see the difference around the house by week 2,but this is week 3 and really great now!!
No problems with stool differences.They have always been on their own eatting schedule ( like all our previous corgis) of nibble for 2 days then pig out on day 3.One of the big plusses of the linatone also is it doesn't have that
fishy smell like the salmon oil (even though most makers add rosemary to try and block that smell).I think it's worth a try!!We all know about fuzz puppies everywhere with our corgis!!
The Shed Relief label says it is "meat flavored." Winston and our other mutts lap it up as if it was a treat. It certainly works!
this stuff sounds amazing! As the mother of 2 corgis and 1 cat, we have enough fur to knit a new corgi almost daily! I will have to get to PETCO
We are "dog people" and Winston was a stray that was brought to the police department where I'm a part time officer. We don't have animal control, so the PD takes care of strays. We keepo them 48 hours and if they aren't claimed, they go to the county shelter where they are kept for a week before beinig euthanized. When nobody claimed Winston, I brought him home. He didn't have a collar or tag or any sign of ever having had one. All of our "canine children" are rescues.
FYI....I have been reading the post about Linatone since it was first posted and I have been very curious, being a corgi owner and generally being covered in almost more fur than Olive is!! I was put off just a little by the price but I decided today that I would take the plunge. We went to Petco in Lake Oswego (Oregon) and I took the 22.99 bottle to the register. When the clerk rang it up she said " Oh, this is on sale for 7.00." I some how think that they must have a glitch in the computer system ( I went back and got another bottle!) but if you have a Petco near by it might be worth the trip. Olive seems to like the taste and I hope that it might help the twice a year sheding...January to June and June to December. LOL!
Yes it is very expensive! However I have found that Petsmart sells it much much cheaper than $22.99 a bottle. They were selling it for about $12 on sale a few weeks ago so I stocked up. Petsmart is definitely cheaper so I'd recommend going there for anyone looking to save. Congrats on having it ring up for $7.00 though, it seriously must have been a glitch. Stock up you won't be disappointed!!!!
This may be a stupid question, but if the dog doesn't shed, where does the extra fur go?
Gee, I don't know where the fur goes. Sounds like a corgi song cue...however, when I read the first post, I immediately bought some of the linatone stuff (found it online for $20). It's been 2 weeks now and I'm eagerly awaiting some lessening of the fur flying around. The corgis love it.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service