My Maya still has her lil dewclaws.  I've heard that they may get caught on things and tear....  Has anyone experienced this with their corgi?  B/c of their cute little stubby legs, I was not sure if this may cause more of a problem or less for them.  So, I thought I would ask for everyone's 2 cents...

She's almost 4 months and I know it will be time soon to remove her lady parts.  I've heard it's convenient to get the dewclaws removed then.  However, I have also heard that it slows the healing process down.  I know this is all a little more than a month away, but I just want to figure out what I should do....What would be best for her?  Can you help me?  Let me know your stories and experiences.  Thanks!

Views: 4567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many of my dogs have their front dew claws and I have never had a problem. I only remove back dews on my pups as the front dews are like a thumb and actually help. My Aussie has the ugliest dew claws you can imagine and even he hasn't had a problem. I would leave them and just trim them.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service