We are adopting an adorable tri girl and are trying to find a name. We like Daphne, Elsie or Elsa. Our favorite name is Clementine but it seems to long, and clemmy or tine sound kinda dumb. Any Ideas? We like old fashion names, welsh names, anything interesting...cities, plants...
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would go with Clementine. She will develop many other names - both longer and shorter!

My Caitlyn is: Caity, Caity-Kate, Caitlyn Marie, Caitie-Bug, Bugger, Bug, THE Bug, Brown-Eyed Girl, Brindle Girl, Snowplow Girl, ....
(Betcha can't figure out how she got the last one.)
Here where the other options for when i was naming Adora, my tri color girl.
Medea (dea or dee for nick name) - Greek
Melora (mel for nick name)
Sidra - stary one
Lora/ Lo
Fable
Infinity
Ady
Elin - Nymph in Welsh
Soca (pronoused so-ka) - caribean name
Gemma (Gem)
HARLEY
Is she a black headed tri or red headed tri?

Here are some options:
Jilly
Rowan
Darcy
Chloe
Maven
Drew
Astrid
Hedwig
Lydia
Ramona
Edwina
Lenora
Minerva
Winnifred/Winnie

I could go on forever so I'll just stop at that. :)
How about Darla, as I am sure she will be a Darling....
Thank you all so much for the ideas! There are a few good ones I heard that we will talk about. I will let you know what we decide!
If I were you I'd narrow it down to 3-4 and then when you get her you can decide which name fits her the best!
I like fairy tale names because the Corgi's pulled the fairies chariots. I have Goldy(locks) and Bear. Here's a link to some cool fairy tale names: I really like some of them.

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/fantasy.htm
You can really sing the name Elsie! Two syllables, ending on a nice vowel, something with which you may be stern and approving. My middle child is a Tasha.
The other name that I like for a female corgi is "Lizzie" after Queen Elizabeth, the most famous corgi owner......
That's fabulous!!!!!
in the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the girl's name is Clementine, Clem for short and it sounds very natural.

But I like your other 3 names as well.
don't forget Ethel and Ester for good old-fashioned names
Maggie, Molly

(while looking up clips from the movie, I found out the main theme sung by Beck is a cover from a band called The Korgis ^_^)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service