Is nose poking a Corgi trait or just a silly Leo thing?

Leo has always used his nose to get my attention and when the pups were here he poked them too. If he does not get attention right away he continues poking until he gets what he wants. Do all Corgis tend to do this? I have never been around another dog that does this with so much purpose and so consistantly.

Views: 1164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All three of my corgis will lift my arm with their noses if they feel they are being ignored. Tasha is the most persistent. The herding instinct comes out when they poke their noses into my calf while I am walking throughout the house or if I am not moving fast enough getting ready to take them to an activity. The funniest is Linus who will "crash" through the newspaper when I'm reading. All the best from Williamsburg, VA: Nancy, Bear, Tasha and Linus
Both of my corgis poke us with their noses! Especially when they are feeling impatient (like, hurry up and get the leash on me or where's dinner). The doberman pokes when she wants to be petted. They never poke at each other though.
winston pokes me in the eye with his nose to wake me up... nothing like a cold wet nose in your eye as an alarm clock..
Hah, Sidney does this too ^-^
From reading the answers so far, I think nose poking is a corgi trait. When I'm sitting, Ein comes along and either launches my arm upwards or pokes me with his nose and sticks his head right under my arm when he wants to cuddle or want attention.
Lilly pokes me in the back of the calf when I'm walking down the hallway, a littler herding to get me to go to the kitchen!
That's funny because my Lilly does the exact same thing!
I think its a dog trait. My friend's dobie Ekko pokes, my brother's friend's border collie pokes, and Didi pokes. It's always a swift jab, like they're tapping you on the shoulder.
It's more or less a dog trait wanting attention. But, Duncan does "poke" us on the back of our legs when he is in a hurry to go outside. He also pokes Chloe, our other dog, to try and get her to play with him.
Oh yes, Bertie will poke my legs with his cold wet nose to get my attention -- he has also shut my laptop onto my hands, shoved that little black nose right through the newspaper and knocked magazines out of my hand. But if I am asleep, he just sits and stares at me, willing me to wake up, and I swear it works every time!
Dally is a big nose poker!! She really uses her nose to move things, like tossing her toys in the air and getting my attention in any way. I think it's definitely a Corgi thing, and I love it!
My little Lily will use her hand to lift mine over her head when she wants attention- I think a lot of dogs do it.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service