Things were going great in my life until my regular check up about a month ago. Next thing I knew I was having multiple tests and seeing multiple doctors. Cancer is a very scary word! I have always been very healthy and I still feel just fine but have been on  roller coaster lately. One oncologist suspected late stage gall bladder cancer and thought if I responded well to chemo I might have one or two years left! We immediately hopped in our motorhome and went to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. They have a great system there if you are on site and will squeeze you in. Fortunately although they agreed I have stage 4 cancer they determined it while origin unknown was gyn in nature which is at least treatable. I am home now and will begin chemo next week with hopes I will be well enough to have surgery later. At least now I have a chance! My husband and I had lengthy discussions on whether we should keep Watson. We finally decided that we need the laughs he provides so will make it work. I will have him in doggie daycare  once or twice a week to keep him socialized and for exercise.

Wish me luck Corgi family! Weird that I still feel perfectly fine with no symptoms except for a swollen lymph node! Hug your Corgis too. I am lucky to have very supportive family , friends, cats and Corgis to see me through  this.   Love the corgi community!         10/26 update....Had my first chemo yesterday and am feeling fine. So far so good! I am having weekly treatments for 18 weeks as long as everything still continues going well. Thanks for all your great wishes! 

1/30       Finally really good news! I have responded so well to chemo that I am now a candidate for surgery. When we started this journey it did not look like I would be able to survive surgery. Not looking forward to major surgery but I understand this will greatly improve my over all prognosis. Currently I feel great because they have halted  chemo so they can operate. My surgery will be February 9th. After the I will restart chemo. At this point it looks like I am in partial remission. I am looking forward to being well enough to resume Watson's training in the Spring. He continues to be a joy to live with while Izzy loves cuddling. Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers.

Views: 1219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope you are feeling better!  Your picture is so pretty and your dogs are so cute!  I have a red and white pembroke and I'm guessing the black/white one is a cardigan.  I was wondering if there is any personality difference between the two.  I would love to get a black/white one one day they are so striking.  Take care!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service