Hello everyone!

I'm new to MyCorgi.com! I'm about to become a new Corgi momma! I have wanted one for as long as I can remember. I actually have a stuffed Corgi w/ a collar on it, just waiting for the day I brought one home. Now its almost like a surreal dream that is coming true in about a month!
So I am curious, what are some things that I need to know? I know they are a herding breed and I've done a lot of research! and I mean a llootttt! But I feel it is always good to ask people with experience. I see no Corgi's at the dog park we go too around here, which makes me a little sad. :(
I'm curious if there is any difference between the male and female? I've read that females can be more bossy. My stepdad's co-workers has a male and he's like insanely super hyper. However I suspect she doesn't mentally stimulate her corgi and just takes him for mindless walks. Are females good with other females? We have a 5 yr old Yellow lab that is a female. She also has diabetes and losing her eyesight :( We also have 3 cats? should I expect my little baby to be trying to herd them around the house? That would be such a sight though!
I know Corgi's are dogs that come with BIG personalities... It's something that attracted me to the breed. Little bodies and BIG personalities... just like myself. What else little things should I expect from these clowns? I've read that they are very in-tune with their humans emotions. Is that true? What I'd give to get a lick on the face after a bad day at work! I'm trying to think of some other things but they are just not coming to me this early in the morning! (11am, lol, i'm such a bum!)
I thank you all! I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

--- Caitlin

Views: 1421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMAH (Oh My Aching Heart)!! What a little adorable bundle!! Congratulations - she is gorgeous. Welcome to the corgi family. I look forward to seeing Harley grow up.
Harlequin came home today! and she has been an angel! no accidents in the car... she actually wanted to look out the window and play in the backseat with me. Only 3 accidents since she has got home! One purely my fault cause we are still learning her cues to go out to piddle and potty.. and the others she got over excited lol She steps right into her harness and lets me put it over her head, no fuss. We actually managed a nap earlier in her crate! Only 5 mins of whining and whimpering then passed out cold. I began working with her on coming down steps! She managed 2 all by herself. We ended it on a good note and took her to play. As for what I feared about my cat being upset, he is actually handling the whole situation well! I am so surprised! Harlequin has actually began to herd him around a bit, but he doesn't seem to mind at all. Only one time he has bopped her on the head with his paw.. no claws out, just a tap on the head.
When we go outside she is wonderful on her leash! Follows right behind me and never leaves my side lol which makes it interesting when I'm trying to clean up after her and she is nearly steppin in her own mess! lol silly baby!
I was curious though, are teary eyes normal? Her eyes are very very clear but she has some tears... just little wet streaks. I've been wiping them away but seem have to be getting better throughout the evening. I was just wondering if anyone else has had that. Other than that, she is absolutely PERFECT
Ok sorry for spamming your post... Mooses cue for us is whining. We have also associated "do you have to go outside?" when he whines. If he does, he will get hyper and run to the door when we get up. He also let's us put the harness and collar on him with no problems. Crate training was the hardest, because moose had a bad experience with it (with a fire, he was in the crate when if happened and the landlord came In and took him out in the whole crate.) now we can let him run around at night and he goes into the crate on his own. 
awww! im happy you brought her home! im happy to hear that everything is going very well:) if u have any questions feel free to ask!
Hello!! I'm a corgi owner from PA as well. We live an hour north of Pittsburgh. I just wanted to day hi... Did you get your puppy yet? 
Also, I think they are very in tune with human emotions. My ferret of five years died a few months ago and I was upset and crying Alot and my fiancé was at work, moose sat by me all day and gave me kisses and corgi snuggles.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service