Punctured Mouth/Split Lip...Treatment Advice Please!! Updated

Well, I had two bowls of crushed ice and set them down for the boys to eat.  Apparently, they both wanted to eat out of the same bowl and neither one was happy about, so it started a fight.  I got them seperated and notice that Tucker kept licking his mouth, come to find out his tooth went through his mouth and left a puncture in his mouth.  I was able to get the tooth out of his mouth. Do I clean it with hydrogen peroxide?

I then looked over  Lance and noticed that his bottom lip, the skin is ripped a bit, will it heal on its own, is it a big deal?

Your thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks. 

Edit:  Pictures added.  First picture is of Lances split lip. The other two pics are of Tuckers mouth, the

outside.  It looks swollen and maybe a bit red?  Do I just give it time to heal?

Update:

Back from the vet and the puncture wound is infected and already closed up.  Clavamox for 10 days it is.  Tucker is a squirmy worm, doesn't like to be confined when cutting nails, trimming the fur on his paw pads and now at the vet.  Tucker squirmed so much making it impossible for the vet to get his temperature, we tried for a bit and then gave up.  So, Tucker got an antibiotic injection since we couldn't get his temp. You know you are spending alot of money at the vet lately when the receptionist asks if I want to pay half the bill!!!!  141.00 for todays visit:  52.00 for the exam, 32.00 for the Antibiotic injection and 57.00  for the Clavamox.  We will be back with Lance on Saturday for his 2nd 3 week check up and then two weeks later for Tuckers scheduled appt. for heartworm testing and then two weeks after that is due for his Rabies and Dhlpp booster, ahh, the joy of two dogs.  :)

The vet ordered some mouth wash for Lances split lip, hopefully that isn't too expensive, gulp.  We need to be very careful what we use with him, so we don't flare up his immune issues. 

On the way into the vet Tucker was oooh'd and aaaaah'd over by an older couple.  Too bad we didnt have longer to talk as we got there right on time.  Tucker did get petted for a few minutes before we went in, but had to cut it short, he loved every minute of it. 

Views: 3981

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Taking Tucker to the vet this afternoon at 4:30 to have his wound checked out.
Poor boys. Please let us know what the vet says about Tucker's wound. Kisses for both Lance and Tucker that they heal quickly.
Feel better soon guys....and Natalie!

It has been going on three days, what did the doc say?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for asking!   I posted an update above.  :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service