My 14 week old pups sleep
around 830pm and wake up around 2 am or 430am. This is despite the fact tt I carry them out of their crates at around 11 pm
to pee/poo. They would bark if I don't take them to do their pee/poo/ early breakfast . I don't want to disturb my neighbors so I have been obliging the pups for the past month. Am having massive sleep debt. Please advise as to how I can get them to
sleep till 6am and how to stop them from barking if I ignored them. Tks.

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The easiest solution is probably to put them in theyre crates later at night, Cooper is currently 14 weeks old as well. He goes to bed at around 10 pm, and wakes up at around 7.
Putting them to bed later is a good idea but it prolongs our stress levels in the evening. Now I understand why parents heave a sigh of relief when the kids r finally in bed! Ha.
Haha - u r right. Wuff.
Great idea re water. Now where did I put my water pistol...?

The pup's parents share my bed. The pups r in crates below n 
near the bed.   
http://dogfather-samsengkia.blogspot.com/2010/09/long-puppy-
days.html

http://dogfather-samsengkia.blogspot.com/2010/10/growing-pups.html
I have a 11 week pup and he got into a good rhythm for about 2 weeks now.

9 PM: His last feeding and I also take away his water after

10 PM: A quick night walk + pee

10:15 PM to MIDNIGHT: He gets free time under my supervision as he just eliminated I put him to crate around 11PM

MIDNIGHT: I wake his bum up and have him pee. He and I go to bed at same time.

Because we're on same schedule, he can hold for full 8 hours and I get my full 8 hours of sleep too. So the key is that he sleep at same time as you.
Will try and see what happens tonight. They had a traumatic day. Took them in for their final vaccinations and microchipping. Then on the way back, there was a car accident- a car hit the back of my car where the pups were. Thankfully, the pups were ok, safe in their crates. Shocked though.
They played well this evening and ate well...so I hope they are not traumatized by the event.
Oof, good to hear everyone was okay.

Wish you best of luck! Remember, the pups won't magically adapt to the new sleeping schedule overnight. Give it a good week to adjust (if not less). You and your awesome pups will in same sync in no time!
Just put them to bed- 1130pm....
Tks

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service