I'm a first time corgi owner and my puppy has started biting my pants and leg when we go for walks. It is funny and sad because other people at the park where I walk her think that it is just so cute, but she is just not getting the physical activity that she needs when she does to me. I know that this behavior is "in their genes" because they are herding dogs, but I'm no cow! haha. Any advice would be great! Thanks! :)

Views: 3106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dog does that at home too. She goes behind us and nip on our heels as we walk around. Did all the Ouch, ah-ah and walking away ignoring her with limited success. I did simulate a couple of back kicks that were enough to move her backward, but of course in slow motion and not hurting her. Now, she doesn't do it as much, and when she attempts, I lift and hold my leg up, and she will back off. I want to make sure she doesn't even think about nipping before I take her to see my horses. I don't think the horses will gently kick in slow motion.
The walk I took Winnie on yesterday was more successful than her previous walks. I still have a lot of trouble walking her on the road before we get to the wooded path. I don't know if it is due to all the people around, the smell of other dogs, or just the fact that she is out of the car that makes her act so mean. She does seem to do better when she has some time to just do her own thing before we start walking.
Sounds like things are getting a little better...keep up the good work you two! I do think that maybe she does need that time to "do her own thing" and adjust to ok...now we are here...it's all new learning for her!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service