Hi guys, I just had to let you all know that Kola  and babies are doing great!  The pups are growing, and are eating well.  Kola is a fantastic mom, and watches, feeds, cleans, etc. her babies with total devotion.  It will be so very hard when all have to go to their new homes! 

They are quite the characters when they sleep, they love to sleep with their tummies in the air!  I gotta try and get a photo of that.  It is hard to believe that they are 9 days old already! 

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's good news! Just as a reminder, they need to be wormed at 14 days and every two weeks thereafter.
Thanks for the heads up about de-worming. Our vets clinic here told me they would be dewormed when they got their first set of shots at 6 weeks old. Now the deworming part, ......do I have to take them in or is there something I can pick up at the vet's clinic and give them?
They should be wormed at six weeks, but they should ALSO be wormed at 2, 4, and 8! Puppies get worms through the mom's milk and also through the placenta, and they are born already wormy. You have to get on top of it immediately so they don't start to lose condition. You can use Nemex or Strongid; it's also sold under other names. The active ingredient is pyrantel pamoate. Do NOT use anything with piperazine. Just pyrantel and only pyrantel (no other ingredients).

Unless you are exposing them to disease, the first shots should be 7.5-8 weeks, not six.
I agree with the worming. I think different people use different protocols on shots, though. Our breeder vaccinated at around 6 weeks, and again somewhere around 9 or so, and the pups left at 10 weeks.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service