Since my wife and I have had a baby,  and because we are both full time workers and students,  my 5 year old Welsh Pembroke Corgi, Elvis, is not getting the attention he deserves.  He is a great dog,  I love him dearly,  but we have been trying to make it work for over a year now and he needs to be in a home where he can get a lot more exercise and attention.  I am not looking for advice on how I can keep him, believe me, I've tried everything.  I am simply looking for a new home for him where he will be loved,  and to where he can bring love.  He is my best friend (aside from my wife...) and I only want what is best for him. Anyone interested, please let me know.  Thanks.

JIM

Views: 661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is really sad. I suggest posting where he is located and simultaneously writing to your nearest corgi rescue.
I'm from RI and will forward this to all the dog lovers I know. So sad to hear you cannot keep your best friend at home but maybe someone close can adopt him and you can still keep in touch. This is such a hard choice to make but you are brave for doing what you feel is best for Elvis even though it must be hard for you and your family. You are in my thoughts.

Melissa
Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate it. I did forget to say that we are located in RI, but I am willing to drive pretty much anywhere in New England to give Elvis a loving home. After all, he drove across the country with me, so what is a few hours for a new life for my best friend? Thanks again
oh man this is so sad, i sure wish i lived closer...id take him.... but tx is a long way from you..
Hi Priscilla,
I sent out an email about Elvis needing a home. My friend responded and told me he will be in New Orleans on the 26th (he lives in Connecticut near Rhode Island). He said he would be willing to bring Elvis with him if you want to meet him in New Orleans. Let me know.
Michelle
You are thinking what is best for him and that is great! Don't get discouraged if it takes awhile...you will find him agreat home:)
All the best to Elvis!
Hi Jim, you can contact MayFlower Pembroke Welsh Corgi Rescue to place Elvis up for adoption. Your RI contact person is

L'Nore Latimer
401-295-5032
pemwyck@aol.com
Any way to get him to Oregon?
I live in DE but I dunno if hubby will let me have another one.
Hi Stephanie,
I sent out an email about Elvis needing a home. My friend responded and told me he will be going through Delaware in 33 days (he lives in Connecticut near Rhode Island). He said he would be willing to bring Elvis to Delaware for you. Let me know.
Michelle
Any way to get him to Nashville? Does he get along well with other dogs? I have a small female who is scared of other dogs. I think she needs a buddy. Elvis looks just like her. Any info would be appreciated.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service