Enzo loves to chew. We've come to accept that he is just going to be a life long chewer.  We used to get him bully sticks but now he finishes them within an hour and it gives him the runs. Giving him bones scares us too much that they will splinter. Any ideas on natural, safe things he can chew on? 

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boots likes my shoes, must remember to put them up.
So I was just checking out the links that some of you posted. I like the antler thing, but it says that it is sized for dogs 45-80 lbs. Are your corgis still able to pick it up and walk around with it? Leia is only 15 lbs right now, so I'm not sure she'd be able to handle it. She likes to carry her chew things inside and outside, depending on where we are hanging out. I can't find a smaller one on that site, but I will keep looking. Let me know how Enzo likes his when you get it in. I'm having the same issue with bully sticks with Leia, they are gone too fast!
Raw beef bones will not splinter. We buy 'em at a pet store in Seattle. They are 2-3" long sawn sections of beef leg bones, possibly parboiled for disinfection, and then frozen. Cooked bones splinter, raw bones don't.
Danger! We have so many of them lying around that they're a hazard to people who walk around barefoot in the dark.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service