teddy bear is now in heaven with God and the angels as me and my husband weep because we miss him so much. his death was so tragic and happened so fast i fear i will never find peace with in my self as it feels as though i lost my child as me and teddy shared a very special bond with each other. what hurts the most is that today is his 2nd birthday :''( i had all his gifts ready and i was going to make today very special and at the end of the day i was going to make him a cake.

he died on Tuesday night and in a way i blame my self for what has happened because i made the decision to go out that night. right before we left we played tug of war for a bit and then played chase so he would be tired for that after noon. he had already has walk that day and i am at least thankful my husband was there so we all had one last walk together :'( right before i left i looked in his eyes and told him to be a good boy, i never knew that would be the last time i would ever look into his beautiful eyes again.

when we came home he didnt greet me at the door as he usually does. my heart sunk. he had gotten into the trash and got a corn dog bag over his head. his body was already stiff and he was so cold. his tongue was purple and the whites of his eyes were red and wide with panic. me and my husband cried while holding his little body asking God "why" as he was the most loving dog u would ever meet. so sweet and gentle. we called a friend to drive us to my work as they have a freezer for cremating dogs. it was the last place in the world i wanted to take him but i didnt know what else to do. at the clinc me and my husband held his body telling him what a great friend he was and that he was the best corgi anyone could ever ask for. we said are last good byes and petted him for the last time.  the house just feels so empty now, i dont ever want to get up in the mornings now because he would always greet me with a waging nub and kisses just because his mama, me, was up.

i am thankful for the time God gave me with him as he truly was a blessing. i love him with all my heart and soul and its just so hard to think he died like that i couldnt be there for him :''( we had so many great memories together such as when we took our first walk together, teaching him his first trick, taking him home to see my family, and this year he learned how to swim. the bond we had was so deep i swear i could read his mind. i always knew how he was feeling. i would have taken a bullet for this dog if i had to i love him so much. he was always so trusting of me and knew i would take good care of him no matter what. i made sure he was on the best food, always had a variety of foods on his kibble, i brushed his teeth, every Sunday he got groomed and i ALWAYS made sure he got his walks and if it had rained the day before and i couldnt walk him i would take him to the field so he could run. he would chase that ball or stick and he would fly across the field and theres nothing in the world i loved more than making him happy. i always wanted to be sure he was comfortable so i used harnesses instead of collars.

he loved people and children so much that he always welcomed them and wanted to say hello. he was always so gentle to little children. if they wanted to pet him he would lay on his side and wait patiently until they were done. he was to most gentle and friendly dog i have ever known.

Teddy, me and papa miss u SO much that we cant even express it. when i get your ashes back they will always be in the family room and i will be sure to pray to ask how u are doing. i know u are in even greater hands but the pain in my heart still hurts. u were such a wonderful friend. if i was ever sad or sick u wouldnt leave my side for even a second because u wanted to be sure i was ok. i will really miss our cuddles on the couch in the after noons and how u would get so excited when i asked if u wanted "noms" or a treat and u would jump at my face and lick me. i will miss our afternoon walks as i know u enjoyed those. i will miss taking u to the field so u can chase that stick, theres nothing like watching a happy corgi fly across the field and running back with a happy look in your eyes. i will miss u always bringing us your rope toys to play with because u loved tug-or-war so much. i will miss u greeting me at the door, seeing u after a long day at work made everything better. i will miss u greeting me in the morning with your kisses to get me up.i loved looking into those beautiful eyes he had. dark blue in the middle and then they were light blue on the edges.

u were my best friend and if i could have one wish it would be that u could be here again. we love you so much little buddy. i will see u one day at the rainbow bridge

the petco pictures i posted about are the last photos i have of him. those were taken on sunday. please, i beg u, dont leave bags on the floor and when u throw them away cut them open to prevent this from happening to u.

Views: 4186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rebecca, I am so sorry for ypur loss. Please visit our blog.  http://www.mycorgi.com/profile/Jeannie104 

Oh Rebecca, I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy--what a terrible accident.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

So sorry for your loss...Corgi hugs and kisses to you and your family.

I'm so sorry...my heart is breaking for you. 

He is beautiful.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm sitting here bawling because I can't even imagine your pain.  You express your feelings to truthfully.  Sometimes it's the truth that people don't want to hear because they think it will never happen to them.  I am always getting on my husband for picking things up so LeeLoo can't get to them.  She stays home all day by herself and I would feel the same way you do now if anything ever happened to her.  Again, I'm sorry this had to happen to you or anyone else.  I often think about how my life has been changed by this little ball of fur and how horrible it's going to be when she's gone. 

So sad and sorry-- you are very brave to post this while in so much pain.  It's so clear to see how your cherished your lovely Teddy.

thank you :')

it took me a couple of days to work up the courage to write it but i did it truthfully and exactly how i felt about him. he truly was my little buddy

thank you so much,

it really is amazing how these wonderful creatures change our world. looking back i cant even imagine life without a corgi as he brought so much happiness into my life.

by the way, Leeloo is very stunning :)

update: we've now made it a rule in our house to cut the corners out of every bag we throw away.  Loo has never gotten into the trash before but my husband has been known to leave chip bags out on our coffee table.  Teddy is saving the lives of many other dogs out there!

Rebecca so sorry for the loss of your best friend.  Having lost a Corgi I think there is nothing like that pain, however my Chloe led me to a beautiful soul named Solomon.  I never knew that a breeder lived less than 10 miles from my house.  As I cried over losing Chloe I found their web site and he allowed me to come over and meet all his wonderful babies.  Solomon came a sat by me and we talked.  I adopted a 3 year old that is totally opposite of her.  I wanted to make sure that I was not trying to replace her.  Someone very wise told me that because of Chloe I learned to love the breed and I would be honoring her by continuing to provide another one a good home.  Her ashes are in our family room and there is probably not a day that goes by that I don not think of her, or my eyes catches her on the way out the door.  Solomon helped me get over the hurt and he doesn't mind that I talk about her.  Good luck to you both.  Debra & Solomon

thank you Debra,

your story is very touching. i will be getting his ashes back soon and plan to keep them in the living room so he is always by his family. i hope one day to welcome another corgi into our loving home

This is so heartbreaking. My heart aches for you and your husband. So So sorry for your loss. rest in peace little guy. You will be missed.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service