I know all Corgis have a myriad of verbal, aduitory  and visual cues that trigger all kinds of amusing reactions. One of  best triggers  Gunny has is when I sit at the kitchen table paying bills . He sits by my feet watching intently.He listens carefully for when I tear a check from the check book. He will then run to the back door in anticipation of me  exiting to go to my car for a trip to the bank or to the postoffice. He seems to know that he will be taking a trip in the car to a place where he often gets a snack bone( to two or three) ! They even give me bones to bring home to him when I go to the bank without him.

When he hears aluminum foil or plastic wrap being torn he runs to his food dish. Why you ask?Because I have, in the past, picked up his food dish if he has left the food uneaten for very long ( wet food gets yucky if left out) and I covered it with one of those wraps before putting it in the frig. If I tear the wrap material and his food dish happens to be empty he will whine and run around the kitchen. Bonkers!

What are some of your Corgi's amusing triggers?

Views: 2082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Poopdeck is the opposite, when we kiss or hug he barks and has a fit. Jealousy maybe?
Like Jane cheese is a big trigger for Po. As soon as he hears the packet he's there in a flash. My brother got home early one morning and Po didn't move a bit, unusual as he normally barks when my brother comes home, he must've been in a deep sleep or knew it was just my brother. But then my brother decides he's hungry and is going to make a cheese sandwich. One touch of the cheese and Po is off the bed and in the kitchen.

Its been hot here in Aus lately and when outside if I ask Po if he "wants a drink" he goes mad, barking and jumping, waiting for me to turn the outside tap on, he'll then drink from the tap.
does he "attack" the water stream; Poopie does this. My sister had a Bulldog who would do this but I have never had a dog act this way until now.
When we are on the boat he always wants to bite/attack the bow wake. A bad decision if we are on the Sailboat and not too bad in the inflatable boat. One day he's going to end up in the drink.
Yep he attacks the water stream. I've also started trying to wet him down with the watering can (summer is approaching). He gets all defensive and barks and growls and snaps at the water but all whilst his tail is wagging and he's trying to drink the water showering down. Its quite hilarious.
Bucher loves to go after the water that the motor kicks up in the boat. He has only fell in once and that was while we were pulling a tube. He just swam to the island close by where I was watching from. It didn't scare him at all, he still acts as crazy for the water stream!
Attachments:
My daughter grabbing her lunch out of the fridge before leaving for school, Lance knows that means she will be walking out the door next and Im trying to figure out if that means he doesnt want her to leave, but he gets all worked up!?!?
Nobody wants to be left behind! On the weekends, if we are gong somewhere, Poopdeck can tell. If we wander around gathering stuff for a road trip or boat trip, he goes NUTS cuz he thinks we are leaving him behind. This never happens when I leave for work though. Go figure.
Lance is toatlly fine if my husband or I leave the house but not the kids!!! In fact, if I say, time to go and its the whole family leaving, he just goes and calmly finds his place....lol
Going through this whole thread has reminded me of more
-My Mum's car (I don't have one, but he sure knows when Mum arrives at the house!), a trigger to run to the front window and get on his back to legs to make sure its really her

-"Is Mummy home?" Somehow my mother has become 'Mum' to him, even though he is my dog. He will even look around if she is sitting right next to him. Sometimes he's not the smartest dog :P
-The word Hannukah. He will look at you or, if he is outside, come running in. Very helpful and he won't come if you yell his name. We're not Jewish but we're starting to suspect Po might be...
-People cooking/preparing stuff in the kitchen. During the day its a cue to sit at you feet hoping for food to fall but around dinner time its his cue to lie with his nose almost touching the fridge door, waiting for someone to take out his meat.
-"Who's here?" Obvious cue to run to the front door and 'protect' us all.
He doesn't react to the word walk as we stopped using it when he was a pup as he knew what it meant. He hasn't figured out that w-a-l-k means walk (not as smart as some other Corgis who have figured this out) but he does know that 'want to go' generally means walk. This is not good when you're using it in conversation e.g. "Want to go to the supermarket?" because he thinks he's going out and gets disappointed when no one makes any actions to walk him. "Where's your leash?" is also a cue for a wlak and he'll get up, bouncing around waiting to go.
-Food hitting his bowl=Potus appears in a flash.
-The electric mixer. Not much of a trigger to do anything other than attack us because how dare something make that much noise?? That means he gets locked outside.
-The back door opening. Wait a second and the Corgi blur will dash past you.
-The freezer opening. Because that's where his frozen yoghurt treats are kept. If you're getting anything for yourself he will just stand at the kitchen/hallway door looking at you hoping he'll get something too.
And there's probably a million more :)
How much sound is made by me quietly cutting off both ends of a banana? Well, it's enough for Tasha to race from wherEVER she is, even asleep, into the kitchen. She knows each end is hers, but we are amazed at her hearing acuity. She hears and barks at ANYone on our court when they come home, leave, open a window, Never barks at the mailman anymore though. I kind of miss that. She is very protective. She went off on a 4 ft. statue of Santa that my dh brought out of the attic last nite. She was snarling and being SO loud until we put it out on the front porch. She is certainly quirky.

Fart noises.  They make Foxy go crazy!  He tilts his head and his ears perk up.  And then he tries to find the source of the noise.

LOL   Soooooooooo funny!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service