What is the weirdest thing your corgi has eaten???????

We just had take-out chinese food and my kid was sitting at the table reading a fortune cookie - and as soon as my kid said "on the back of the fortune it says 'Learn Chinese' How do you say" ___________ WHOMP - my corg jumped up and ate the fortune (THE PAPER, NOT THE COOKIE!!!!!!)

This dog will each most anything - scallions, raw squash, he even ate an orange balloon once!

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK-I have to say I've never heard of "wasabi" before. I've heard of Kimosabi on the Lone Ranger but never "Wasabi".:) What is it?
Wasabi is the green stuff they give you to dip your sushi in :) It's a very very spicy horseradish/mustard concoction.
It's a very strong green-paste form of horseradish usually eaten with Japanese sushi.
Wow, I wonder how it felt coming back out! Poor thing. (I mean the dog, not you Jenny). ;)
http://www.cosmicchile.com/xdpy/kb/stalking-wasabi.html

The only thing he wouldn't eat was parsley- he'd clean the plate and there would be little green flecks left where he'd spat out each micro leaf of parsley. The only time he ever ate parsley was when it was tempura fried.

I forgot- he ate the emergency brake handle on my car- not all of it- just the first inch or so. That was when he was a puppy. He also chewed through the "seat belt" I bought him- in less time than it took me to back out of the Pet Store parking space.

When going after ground squirrels he would rip up huge chunks of earth (heavy clay out here) spit it out and dig some more. When digging in the potato patch he would eat the raw potatoes. He once ate a whole raw garlic- not a clove- a whole garlic.

When he actually caught something he would bring it to me- alive- oh joy- and I would tell him what a good boy he was and find someplace to throw it- normally towards the owl nest. When he figured out I wasn't going to eat the prize he no longer brought the goodies to me but kept them for himself- crunch crunch. He was a fantastic mouser. His Puli buddy Chiffon never figured out how to hunt. She would lie down in front of the ground squirrel hole and bark. This tactic doesn't work. Ground squirrels do not come out to play. Jinks would lie in wait, quiet, just at the edge of the hole, and then pounce. This tactic worked quite well.

I remember reading on Corgi-L about two corgis who ate through a wall (drywall and all- one hopes there was no insulation or wiring involved).
Mikko also eats most anything (before we can catch him of course)... unidentifiable yucky things in the yard... but his latest thing is trying to eat our kitchen cabinets. Seriously, the corner of one cabinet is all worn down... so it's back into the crate for Mikko!
Oh no, that was always my worst fear that Lance would eat the corner of our kitchen cabnet as he tried to when he was a puppy but as soon as I saw him doing that I sprayed apple bitter on it and so far so good....he just turned 3, so I think he remembered not liking the apple bitter, I hope. I still worry if we leave him long enough when he is gated in the kitchen he may just start chewing it. Have you tried spraying it with apple bitter? If not maybe give it a try...but crating is definately the best solution, but apple bitter can help also. I am guessing Mikko is still a youngster. Hopefully he will out grow the chewing, for the most part Lance has except when he is bored or more like I think mad because he isnt being paid attention too, lol. Corgis are too funny.
Caesar stopped chewing with the bitter apple for a week... now he's over the bad taste and chews anything... bitter apple or not.
Caleb likes to drink the water out of one particular flower pot on the patio! Bleh!
Corey and Holly have eaten a bit of my front door, numerous pairs of shoes, dog beds, blankets, their own *****, or each others, balls of hair, bits of plastic, paper, toilet paper, bugs, the cat, cat vomit, cat poo, their own vomit- at least tried, and any food that they can get a hold of. I am sure that their is endless more.Corey was just enjoying a pine cone. I guess that is in the Holiday Spirit.
My father's corgi ate the plastic on the inside of his truck door. He was thrilled.:)
Despite their gross table manners we still love them.
Tilly eats almost anything! At the kennel we always have to keep the cat food up high and the litter box clean otherwise...well. She thinks it's a glorious treat! We joke that she's a vacuum cleaner, because she cleans up any little mess of food we may make.
At home she loves any kind of people food. ESPECIALLY watermelon! She even fought me for a strawberry once. I about died laughing after that. She also seems to like eating the plastic from her chew toys and bones...probably doesn't feel too good when she poos it out!
I don't remember anything exceptionally weird, she just likes to chew on everything!
Weirdest things that I've seen my corgi eaten:
A fly
Cat poop

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by