I have been going back and forth for about 6 months now on whether or not to add another corgi to my family. I know all the pros and cons, have had 2 dogs almost my entire life (up until about last August) so know the added work of a second dog. The only thing holding me back is Franklin. How do I know if he wants a buddy? I would hate to add a second dog and have it really stress him out and/or upset him. He LOVES when I am petsitting my parents dog, he LOVES when my best friends dog comes to visit or when he goes over there, etc so I think he'd probably like to have a buddy. BUT when my friend brings her corgi pup to visit he plays with her for a while then he gets grumpy and growls at her and just wants to be left alone.

So, how did you know when it was time to get a second corgi/dog? How did your first corgi adjust?

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Labs are such beautiful, obidient dogs. When Mickey arrived to us from the shelter he was so scared of every dog he met, terrified in fact.  Our neighbour has an older black lab. It was his first friend (well since we welcomed him to our family) and they rush to greet each other every single time they see each other to this day. Even as Mickey got more mature and would decide which dogs he liked and didnt, this lab remains a CONSTANT love in his life. 

Go for the fostering...rescues are desperate :( Its a fantastic feeling as well. I learned if given the space I would have a billion dogs :) I also learned that there is no better feeling than watching a rescue go off to its forever home :)

agreed. Franklin is my first purebred and the only reason I got him was because I looked for 6 months for a rescue in my area and couldn't find one so decided to get a puppy. Franklin's best buddy (the lab) is a rescue who was dumped in a river with the rest of his litter, he is the only survivor. My school will be bringing in 12 new shelter dogs in August that we train and learn on so maybe one of them will win my heart. We will see! :-)

When I was down to one...

:-)

Many times rescues need foster homes, I would check if there's any corgi rescues near you that need a foster. Tank is our lab/corgi/plus 6 more kinds rescue....maybe you will find one like him. I tried to attach a pic but couldn't he's a great mix!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service