Since Zip died a few weeks ago I have been checking out corgi rescues/mixes. I have narrowed it down to 2.

Tank- large mix corgi with several other breeds.Tank is about 1 year old. He is in foster care and is a very mellow 50-60 # dog. His original family did DNA testing on him and he is very much a heinz 57, he has been through obedience class and just is a real lover.

Tank is living in MN and Sage,my 3year old grandson and I are going to visit him next week.If he doesn't seem appropriate then we will most likely get Meg.

Meg- most likely a corgi/shepard mix is in a rescue but also a foster home. Meg is about 1 year old. Meg is over 8 hours from here and I believe that she would be much easier to place.Meg is in a corgi rescue and the owner thinks that our place would be great for her also. She is said to be very sweet.

My thought is that Meg may easily find a home as she is just about 35 pounds but Tank being BIG will have more of a problem finding a home.

Any thoughts would be appreciaited!

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tank: Labrador Retriever, Dog; Rochester, MN Enlarge Photo

Tank: Labrador Retriever, Dog; Rochester, MN Tank: Labrador Retriever, Dog; Rochester, MN Tank: Labrador Retriever, Dog; Rochester, MN

Tank

Labrador Retriever/Corgi Mix: An adoptable dog in Rochester, MN

Large • Adult • Male

Tank is a wonderful dog of very mixed lineage! His former family actually had him DNA tested and he has lots of wonderful blood in him. He is about a year old with a super personality. His former family was unable to keep him as he is a little too high energy for their family. Tank is just finishing his first puppy classes and knows how to sit, sit pretty, shake, and stay. He is housetrained and loves to snuggle in bed. Tank likes everyone and he likes other dogs and cats. He is a real lover! All adoptable pets have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. For more information about adoption please contact Camp Companion at 951-7801, www.campcompanion.org or find us on Facebook!
Oh, I love Tank!   Get Tank!!!
I'm pretty sure he will be the one.Sage and my 3 my year old grandson gets to help make that decision:) More on Tues.
Change his name, though.   He is SO not a "Tank"!
Maybe I'll have to get suggestions????? I thought of this...
Wow, what happened to poor little Zip?
He died of complcations after surgery for a bowel a obstruction:( His weight probably didn't help! He never made it to his new home here...

Ohmigosh!  Tank is adorable!  Bring him home!!!!! 

And I agree.....he's so much NOT a "Tank".....  more like Shorty Four Paws or something?

I'm so sorry about Zip.

In less than 10 hours we will be visiting Tank:)  I think that I have plenty of good decision makers along also as my 3 year old grandson and Sage will be helping me decide! If we decide to get him Sage and I will hopefully go pick him up on Fri. before we head home from my daughter's house:)

I am going to check if he has had this name all his life since he was surrendered  from a family due to too high of energy! I am wondering if it would be hard to change if it was not just a name he got from the rescue??????

He is about 18-20 high at the back with a looooooooong torso!

It took Maddie two walks to learn that "Good boy!" meant Jack was getting a treat and if she stopped she would get one too.

Mine respond equally well to their names or to "puppies!" and they know when strangers say "Aw, Corgis!" they'll get a fussing. 

Maddie goes by Maddie OR Madison.

So, I think he'll learn it just fine.

Dogs are awfully adaptable.....I think a name change wouldn't be too hard on him.

Long John?  Stretch?  Stretch'd be good!  LOL.  Good luck with the trip!

I like Stretch:)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service