Hello all. I saw an article this morning that compelled me to make a committment to pray for this country and our new president. Though Obama was not my choice for president, obviously God has put him in this position according to His purpose. So I am committed to praying for him and this country. I also would like to urge all of us to do the same, though I'm sure many of you already are. I'd love to hear scripture references that might be great to pray in our prayers if anyone has them and areas of specific prayer we should pray for. I know that this article shows the struggle already happening over Rick Warren's inaugural prayer coming up! Please pray for him and that God would be honored and will hear his prayer on behalf of our president and country. Many fear what is ahead in 2009...but we as Christians, do not have to fear, but Trust in a Faithfull Father who loves us. :O) Sorry this post isn't about of beloved corgi's!!! Though my little Chloe is playing at my feet as I write this. Praise God for their ever optimisic spirits!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081231/ap_on_go_pr_wh/rel_inauguration...

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

Great point! Yes, we definately all need to pray for our country and for our leaders, regardless of who we voted for.
I love your heart for prayer. I've always loved the verses 2 Chron 7:14 and Joel 2:12 to pray for believers in our nation, which in turn will have a great effect on our country.
Yes, we are exhorted to pray for those in authority, and scripture tells us that God is ultimately the one who choses WHO He wants in authority at any given time, for what happens in countries IS ultimately in His hands (Praise God for that!) I believe that there are so many signs of the End Times that have occured, that I think it will be soon and during those times, many leaders will be choosing paths away from God, but God also has given us so many promises for those of us that choose to follow Him with our whole lives and beings.

He hasn't given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love and a sound mind. He will take care of us, as He promises IF we "seek first the kingdom of God AND HIS righteousness" THEN "all these things will be added unto us." Matt. 6:33. The next verse (34) is one that we also need to take to heart during these trying times: "Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself..."

I've been doing a Bible Study on Proverbs on one of my blogger blogs: Proverbs- A Bible Study because if there was ever a time that we need Godly Wisdom for our lives, it is now. I mention it because we've covered several things that definitely touch on living in today's world. Recently, we've read some neat principles like Prov. 1:33 "But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm..." (Speaking of those who are listening to Godly wisdom and taking it to heart)

Chapter 2 has also been so helpful to me in my life as I studied it... things like this,found in verse 8: " for He guards the course of the just, and protects the way of His faithful ones..." and verse 21: " For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it." There have just been so many words of comfort already... I really look forward to further study.

I often look at my Corgis and their complete trust and love for me. If they need discipline and training, they never hold it against me, but want so much to please me and learn what that takes. I pray that I am as trusting of the things that God wants to teach me, even when I don't always understand WHY He is doing some of the things that will help me to learn what He wants me to know.
2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
A great verse to live by, and pray by, especially in this day. When is the national day of prayer? Isn't it coming up in May?
National Dayof Prayer is May 7 th this year.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service