Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you see a corgi in a picture that some look skinny but others look bigger, not fatter just bigger??? I dont know how to explain it???? Because my friend has a corgi and its big but when you pet her shes not fat at all!!!!!???? But some corgis are thinner??? Have noticed???

Views: 3802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marley is about 16 pounds. Very petite. Her breeder told me that the litters from her mother were tending towards the smaller side. I like her small though :) Makes her extra cute!
It seems counterproductive for a shelter to *buy* puppies from a mill to rescue them. That's still creating demand, for which the mill will be more than happy to continue to create supply.
Jasper is around 38 lbs and solid. He doggy dad is a hunk of dog too. Jasper is skinny though, but all muscle. And he has jaws of steel. :)
neeka is a monster for a female. she is about 35 pounds, maybe a little under. the vet said she was not overweight but he admitted to never actually seeing a corgi in person before..so im not sure if she is overweight...since she is the first corgi i have seen too! haha is there anyway to tell?
There is a Cardigan Welch corgi which is much bigger and has his or her tail.
The Pembroke Welch corgi is usually 30# or less and has his or her tail docked.
I tell people Charlie isn't a corgi - he is a corgizilla! The last vet weigh in, 45 lbs. His mom and dad both were big. Mom weighed 35 lbs and she was not fat. Charlie could stand to lose a little but my vet doesn't seem to think he is out of hand. He just big boned!
oh i lied, i didn't remeber what my vet said last time i went for her weight all i know is he said she was the perfect weight and he wasn't concerned when i asked if she was overweight. and i was going by what the weighed her at when we flew her a month or so ago, (40 pounds the airport told me, i weighed her crate when we got home it was 6 pounds so i just assumed she was around 34 pounds) after reading how unhealthy it is for them to be overweight i started to worry about her being overweight, i can see a defined waist when standing up and i can feel all her ribs. i just figured she was bigger someone told me to get on the scale, record my weight then pick her up and minus my weight from that! it showed up as 24 pounds the five times i did it haha..does anyone know if this is an accurate way? if so the airport obviously ripped us off! she still looks huge (bone structure wise) to me! so im not sure if she is big or small
edit: id also like to mention i thought she was overweight at first when i asked the vet only because a couple of customers have made comments on what a chubby dog i have. i personally don't think most have seen corgi's since..well..i get alot of what is that?! they arent common around here at all!
Kona weighs just 13lbs @ 9 months. I love her small though.
Roxi just weighed in at 30 lbs (yearly vet tune-up :) ) yet she's still lean and all muscle due to all the exercise she gets so I guess she's just a big girl haha.
Gibson's mom was only 18lbs and his dad was 20, so I expect him to be a small corgi :)
Camber is a perpetual puppy at 19 lbs. Maybe the previous owner's lack of exercise stunted her growth? Everyone is suprised when I tell them she is 6 years old. She looks so young, but acts like an adult her age.
KC was 19 pounds on Sept 30th according to my house scale, she will go to the vet next Tuesday to be fixed so we will see what they say. To me she is very small compared to corgis I have seen in person. I was told by her breeder that she would be a smaller corgi. She is very long and short to the ground. And to me she has a very small "feminine" face to her. I saw a couple of corgis this summer that were males and they were like 3x her size. There is one that lives down the road from us that I am not sure if it is male or female but is also huge compared to her.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service