We bought them in Trader Joe. Does anyone know is it fine for 4-month old puppy?

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How big is the bone?
I think it's fine as long as you keep an eye while he's chewing it. Both my corgis love rawhide chew bones but sometimes the piece get too slimy and they choke.
Also make sure you have plenty of fresh water available as they tend to get really thirsty after that.
Thanks for advice!! The bone is like 4-5 inches long. Not big. Yesterday Charlie was busy with it for longer than an hour! :)
I know they aren't the ideal chew, but Gibson LOVES rawhide (although I'm trying to switch him to bully sticks). I just always supervise him when he chews on it and don't let him get to the point where he can rip something off and swallow it.
Yes, we also give Charlie rawhide under supervision only!
We don't allow our dogs rawhides, compressed bones or regular bones of any kind. I've seen and heard too many horror stories. But, if my clients prefer them, I do suggest that they are supervised.
Thanks, Cindy, I'll be careful with that!
I used to give them to my dogs (supervised) but found they made them either vomit or get diarrhea, no matter the brand. So I stopped. Now I use knuckle bones from PetEdge. They really like those.
are knuckle bones less dangerous?
I agree with previous posts, just watch out for them biting a big piece off and swallowing - they can lodge in the intestines and cause a blockage. Also, it's a good idea to use USA made rawhide, with no flavors. If it's foreign, you don't know what exactly they use in flavorings, and they're not required to list it on the label. And pressed rawhide is better than regular rawhide as well.
You should get a bully stick! My dogs love them! Grant it, when you find out what it is, you may not like it so much.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service