My Corgi Kona weighs 9lbs at 5 months. Im really curious to know when other corgis stopped growing. From what I hear, they grow bigger until a certain point and start putting on weight after. Anyway, it would be nice to know other owners' experience.

Views: 13209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

winnie is 7 mos and about 18-19 lbs (been about a month since we weighed her). after we got her at 10 weeks she gained a pound a week for the next 2 months, but after that she only gained about 2-3 lbs total in the past 3 months. they estimate she will be 22-26lbs full grown. she still looks very small to me, but she is certainly no pup any more.
Mochi is 10 months now and she's only 20 lbs. She is a lot smaller compared to our neighbor's corgi, which is only 4 months older than Mochi. Mochi isn't as long. The breeder said because the Mom was on the smaller side she'll probabaly be around 20lbs. Which seems heavy enough especially when she jumps me when we are in bed. Ha ha
Bailey did the same thing today. She was all about "saying" good morning, while jumping all over me in bed. Yes, I was very thankful for "tiny" corgis.
Cheez-it is 12 weeks and about 12 pounds. He is definately not overweight however. I spot check his ribs and waist and he is just fine. He looks tiny until you pick him up and you can feel how meaty he is. I sort of hope he is a larger one, the vet told me he should be at least 30 lbs mabye a little over. (She has Corgi's as well).
same as bailey. he followed the weeks=pounds norm. He was 1oz shy of 12 lbs at 12 weeks, was shy of 15 lbs at 15 weeks. hes now 17 weeks , havent weighed him yet but i figure....... judging on the past hes probably just shy of 17lbs. =P
I really need to buy a scale, Im intrested to know how much he weighs before/after he eats.
same here lol!
My pups are 14 months old and one is 26 pounds and the other is around 23-24. I don't think they're going to grow much more. I could have sworn that the adults were bigger at the breeder when we picked them up, but I could be mistaken and comparing them to the pups since they were so tiny.
Buckley just turned two a few days ago, and he weighs in at 32 lbs. We just had him at the vet last week, and they praised us for keeping him in such good shape since it's so easy for corgis to become overweight. He's a very solid, muscular dog. The last male corgi we had (Rodeo) weighed 38 lbs, but he was nowhere near overweight -- he was just a big dog. I think that there's a wide spectrum of weights for corgis. Ours just happen to be big boys.
wow my dog is huge compaired to alot of peoples she is about 11 months an 28 pounds. she has alot of extra skin soo so i think she is going to get bigger but she is very muscular, we play alot and she gets a ton of walks so i dont think she is overweight i think everyone dog is different
I took my pup Obi to the vet for his last set of puppy vaccinations and he was 17 pounds at about 3.5 months. He's 5 months now and I'll be checking how much he weighs this Friday.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service