I always have a hard time cleaning the various dog beds, some are  just flat pads, some the round type with sides.  The covers are often hard to get on and off and sometimes the material of the covers does not stand up well to washing, especially frequent washing.  I have a friend who pet sits in her house and she gave me a great tip, which I am passing on.  Buy the knitted crib sheets with elastic all around and put them over the dog beds, they are easily washed and replaced and the dogs love them. 

I saw online that the knitted crib sheets can be ordered in different sizes, the regular size and the  mini (for porta-cribs). It's nice that you can get different colors to choose from as well.. Just make sure that the elastic is not just at the corners.  Mine have been ordered and I can't wait to get them!

Here is a link for the minis:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Baby-Company-Cotton-Portable/dp/B000...

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great idea!!  We have an oval shaped bed for the dogs and that cover is ridiculously hard to put back on and they love that bed. I will keep the bed sheet idea in mind for the other beds, great idea! 

The other thing I have done is to use pillows as beds and you can change pillow cases easily as well.  Of course after buying upteem beds!!!

Natalie, the regular size knit crib sheet ( if the mini is too small ) should fit the oval bed, the knit stretches and the elastic all around should hold it in place regardless of shape.  I  also have used pillows, actually made fleece pillowcase covers for my mini-doxie who is always cold! My other dogs don't seem to like pillows.  My corgi likes the large wicker cat bed the best, go figure!

Great idea! I always use regular sheets as they are easy to wash and unfortunately my dobe has a habit of chewing on them. Usually I can catch her and stop her but every once in awhile ....

I have always used regular cotton sheets as a bed cover for my bed but never thought of this...great idea...Thanks!

A standard bed pillow is the exact size as Lili's crate, where she prefers to sleep. As a bonus, they are machine washable. I don't even use pillowcases. I use old t-shirts to cover the pillow.

Our old t-Shirts cover the landing on the cat tree :-) 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service