If anyone has read my profile, you know that I got Haley from a breeder that was going to have her put to sleep because she was "small" and was of no use to her. She tops out at 13 lbs as of last vet check. The vet is astounded because shes like a mini corgi. Ive tried to see if there are mini's as there are in many breeds and I can't really find anything. From what Ive read most corgis are in the 25-35 lb range right?

Views: 5277

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keke is 17 months old and she weigh around 9kg. When put beside a "normal", she is small small small :)
Awww she is sweet :) You guys were lucky to get her. What an awful breeder.....euthanize a puppy because you cant sell her because shes too small....makes total sense :S ughhh some people.
She is a cutie! That is tiny. Around 22-30 is the standard. From the PWCCA website: "Weight is in proportion to size, not exceeding 30 pounds for dogs and 28 pounds for bitches. In show condition, the preferred medium-sized dog of correct bone and substance will weigh approximately 27 pounds, with bitches approximately 25 pounds. Obvious oversized specimens and diminutive toylike individuals must be very severely penalized." I found a breeder online who "specialized" in miniature Corgis, not exceeding 15 pounds. It's one thing to have one by accident and quite another to intentionally breed that small!

My girl goes about 28 pounds. My boy is oversized and goes about 35 pounds if he's skinny; he still looks good at up to around 38 but we keep him on the light side.
Oh how handsome!
What a handsome man he is ! I live his color. Haley is 8" at the shoulder lol it would indeed be cute to get their pictures together.
Callie is 19lbs and turns 2 years old this month, despite her being smaller than her other corgi friends she doesn't seem to care at all. And I love her just as she is.
My friends larger corgi is 37 lbs... Roxi is 34 and poor little old charlie is 28. All muscle lol
Lol my lil gurl is 8" at the shoulder! We just measured her with her eyeballing the tape measure kinda speculatively. And her tiny back feet are inward turned. She shakes her booty back and forth when she walks i have to do a video.
I have a 'mini' corgi myself. He is 3 years old and weighs in at 19 pounds and 10 inches tall. The vet says he is healthy. He was the runt of the litter and it definitely shows.
My little Lyla is between 18-20 lbs at a healthy weight, and about 10" or 11," so definitely small!

oh wow. Exactly half of Roxis size! (20") I wish I could see this in real life hehe :)
Roxie is 20" tall?? That is taller than my Aussie! Perhaps you meant she was 20" long? I don't know how long Lyla is, she is 10 or 11" tall though.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service