Florida corgi VS Toronto Raccoon

I have a stubborn raccoon that camps out on my 2nd floor balcony, it keeps coming back every other night and causing the corgis to bark in the middle of the night. I had a talk with the condo management and they said animal control will not come out, the only thing they suggested was pouring "bleach" around the balcony. The balcony have no trash, food or plants, so most of the internet suggestions do not apply to my situation. 

Vienna: "Open the gate dad, it's an oversize squirrel!" 

The racoon is quite bold, it will not back off, when I use a broom to "sweep" him off, it growls and hold his ground. The corgis can bark all night long and he will not move an inch away from the sliding door. The only thing that "worked" so far is a water squirting bottle, it'll move but only to crawl to my next door neighbour's balcony.

Notice how FAT this raccoon is?

When the "coast" is cleared, he'll climb back :(

Raccoon: "curse you! I shall return!"

Any ideas?

OCT 2 *UPDATE*

"Randy" the raccoon crossed the rainbow bridge tonight, he was hit by a car earlier this evening, I picked up his body and lay him on the sidewalk :( 

Views: 4112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Squirrels live to torment the dogs around here...little buggers!!!!!!
The Raccoons make havoc in our garage and empty the cat feeder, the coyotes got one of our cats, the deer empty our bird feeders and eat our flowers, the squirrels target the birdfeeders as well, the skunk sprayed one of our dogs, the porcupine filled two of them with quills.... the field mice keep the cat busy and nested in the motor of my husband's convertible...still, I love them all!  I feel so lucky to be where  there are wild animals and their intelligent antics make us laugh and keep us on our toes.  When one of the deer broke his pastern, he felt safe enough to camp out by our front door (we go in and out the back door, so it's quiet there) for two weeks, until he could hobble off. It was nice to know he felt safe there and I even asked a friend, who is a healer, to do distance healing on him.   There is no malice in what they do, they are just trying to survive, like us, and they're good at it.
Husband suggests a taser! (or firecrackers...though those are likely illegal too in Toronto)
lol, yeah they're illegal, fireworks only on holidays :)
Seriously, would it be possible to contact coonhound breeders or aficionados who might be willing to come visit long enough to scare the visitor off?
@ Elizabeth, Hemione and Luna - Re. coonhounds: Excellent idea!
Thanks. We have good friends who breed coonhounds, and can attest to both their enthusiasm for chasing raccoons as well as their mighty barks. We'd be happy to help set Sam up, but we're in Missouri!
@ Sam:  I see a coonhound in your future!!!!!
@Anna, I see a coon hound in our future too. I just saw a photo of a coon hound with the longest ears. maybe i can recruit him. haha. and i thought ricky/rafa had the biggest ears! You are much more at one with nature than me. Since the squirrels have moved in we don't have a minute of quiet as they drive Lucy insane and she gets a special high-pitch (even for a corgi) bark that's headache! Rafa is more laid back about squirrels.
LOL, Mocha and Vienna are not amused :) I think the coonhounds are quite cute!
Thanks Elizabeth :)
Oh, and I didn't mean to replace your lovely corgis, only to supplement. As a visit!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service