We had to say good bye to my 16 year old border collie mix this morning.  He had a rough night of coughing and panting.  We went to take him to the vet this morning and he apparently had a heart attack and starting coughing up blood.  I couldn't even express our wishes verbally.  The doctor had to ask us yes or no questions.  He offered aggressive therapy, but did not recommend it.  It was unbelievably hard to let him go.  I wanted them to fight for him, but that would have been selfish.  I only wish we could have gotten him there sooner this morning and saved him that last bit of suffering.  It was so difficult to go home this morning with out him.  I miss him terribly.

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry to hear of your loss. prayers and hugs for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss and just know you will be reunited in the end and he is in a better place looking over you. 

That's a good, long life for a dog... but it's always too soon, isn't it?

I'm sorry for your loss

Sandy, I am so sorry for your loss! Hopefully soon you can focus on his wonderful life and not on his last day.

So sorry to hear of your loss.  You did what you could.  Stay strong and lots of love.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Hermione, Luna and I send hugs, nub wags and promises to meet up on the other side of the Rainbow bridge one day.
Thank you to all for the condolences. They truly have given me comfort. I still can't believe he is gone, and yes, John, he did have a good long life, but it did feel like it ended way too soon. Even though we have three other dogs, the void he left feels huge. The routines are already different, and the spot were his two beds were (he liked to have options) seems so bare. It's so quiet without him barking his orders at me. I really miss the noise...and the attitude. Oreo was my first dog once I was out on my own as a young adult. I knew he wouldn't live forever, but I guess I secretly hoped he just might. Again, everyone's thoughts and prayers have been very comforting, so thank you so much.

Sorry for your loss :( *hugs*
He lived a very long, and Im betting very happy life.
Best wishes. 

I`m so sorry. We just recently lost our German Shepherd puppy mix to pneumonia and saying goodbye to a furry friend is always so hard. No matter how long you`ve had a pet you never feel like you have enough time. But if it helps at all you did the right thing by letting him go, and I`m sure you gave him the best puppy life possible while you had him. That`s what matters. 

That's so sad.  But you're so lucky to have had such a wonderful companion for so long.  Greg N

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service