I have been emailing breeders and asking about possible pups for mid/late summer! I have found one in South Dakota that I have heard about on here AND that would be willing to leave the tail undocked! YEAH!!!! They are Adam's Welsh Corgis from SD. I already have had a conversation with 1 person on My Corgi about them. Does anyone else have experience with them?

Thanks!

Jane

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When we first started researching corgis, I was hoping to find a breeder who'd leave one pup undocked for us, but I think that's not how "serious" breeders work. The pups are docked at 3 days, but the breeder can't know which dog(s) they want to show until they're many months old. Furthermore, at least some breeders, like ours, won't let you pick your puppy; they'll pick one for you, based on their evaluation of its temperament, and that of course can't be done at an early age.
My solution was to get a tail for each of our dogs from our friend the nice Gypsy lady at the market. They were expensive because they're magic, and only people with exceptional intelligence, refinement, and good taste can see them, but they sure look great on Gwynn and Al.
Does your friend still have more in case I need one? I just hope to find a breeder that doesn't dock at all!!!!!!!
I think Joanna had a great idea about possibly importing one. Many countries no longer allow docking and so you can get a high quality undocked dog from a great breeder by looking into those countries. I know the idea of shipping a puppy makes you cringe. It does me too. However, I am getting my next Aussie from a show breeder in Puerto Rico, so I have had to get used to the idea of shipping them. The really good breeders just love their dogs, and would never put them in a harmful situation and are very careful about how and through whom they ship.
When I was breeding Danes, I did not like to ship them cargo. Eight-week-old Dane puppies are still very much babies and it would be a difficult experience for them. The owners who came in from far away would bring them back in a sherpa bag under the airline seat (and we just prayed they wouldn't go over the weight limit - they were always right at the edge!).

I've had all three Cardis shipped in, one at ten weeks and two at eight weeks, and the difference between a corgi at that age and a giant breed at that age is WOW. They handled six-hour flights with zero issues and came out of the crate happy and (in two of the three) completely clean and dry. I had a great experience with all three and would gladly ship (either to me or away from me) a Cardi puppy again.
I know people ship dogs every day and they arrive safely. I guess that it's just a "me" thing and I really enjoy taking a vacation and seeing the country while going to get them! I would glady drive 8-10 hours to get a pup and I just hope that maybe I can find one that close!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service