Hello All!

We just got a cute little Pembroke Boy. His name is Wheatley and he is 11 weeks old today.

From what I have read Corgis are supposed to be very playful and inquisitive. I know that all dogs have their own personalities. But, he seems to be very shy. He is curious, but seems to always want to be within eyesight of us. He has slept a lot since he came home. He will run and play and then suddenly lie down, even outside, and fall asleep. I was wondering if we should be concerned.

I also noticed that he doesn't always finish his food. I have read over and over that Corgis are food driven and will eat more than their fair share, but Wheatley seems to be kind of finicky when eating.

We were also concerned because he doesn't seem very vocal. He makes "Happy Pig" noises. When we rub his belly or play, he will wag his rear and "oink", but he doesn't really bark.

He should be going to the vet tomorrow afternoon for his 3rd vet visit. and seems to be healthy, we just want to make sure he is okay.

Should we be worried about his behavior?

Thank you for any assistance,
AmandaFay & Brendan

(Plus Wheatley!)

Views: 546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Corgis love the water. Our Kadi often 'puts a pool in' while she's left in her x-pen. That's probably why they used the bottle at the breeder--to prevent messes. Glad he's settling in. He sounds very normal to me!

How lucky are you that you can bring your corgi to your office!!!

Yeah, It's great. And he's so mild mannered.

In the morning I can just say "time for work!", and he's waiting at the car. He's such a smart boy! 

It's a great place to get him used to a lot of sounds and people. We would really like to see him be very friendly and social.

My Lucy did much of the same as your Wheatley through the first month or so. And she didn't discover her "bark" until she was about 6 months old (enjoy the quiet). I think this is pretty normal.

Lucy was my first dog and when I took her to the vet for her shots and check-ups, I would bombard my wonderful vet with questions--she assured me all that Lucy was doing was normal.

Congratulations! My Lucy is wonderful and am so glad she is with me. I'm sure you will find that joy in Wheatley.

He sounds a lot like Elli. She would play and then just have a little lie down. And she was not super into food either. Which turned out to be fine since she will wait for us to give her the okay before she eats anything and leaves dropped food alone. Yeah, we thought it was crazy too.

Elli took her time figuring what she likes and doesn't like. Now she is very vocal about telling us what she does not approve of.

And finally Elli is always surprised she is thirsty. We have to set her in front of her bowl sometimes. Then she is all like "Oh! Water!"

Congrats on your new pup. Corgis are great, smart, silly dogs.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service