My Tenby had a small eye infection(both eyes) this morning. We made an appt. with the vet for tomorrow morning. But in the last few hours it has gotten terrible.  He is now itching it and one eye started bleeding.  They are swollen, runny and very itchy.  I want to give him Benedryl for the itching, do you think it would help. The other problem is he is taking tramadol 3 times a day for severe shoulder problems.  I am worried about interaction.

UPDATE

Thanks for all the info and support. What we thought was an eye infection turned out to be a very severe allergic reaction.  He got a shot for the itching and will be on antibiotics for a few weeks.  That is the good news!  He has been on tramadol (for pain) since he was 18 months when his shoulder problems were diagnosised .He is 5 now.  We have always known that someday one of his shoulders will go.  He has been limping really badly for two days and x rays today showed his right shoulder is quickly deteriorating.  We are going to try him on anti-infammatory for awhile and see if things get any better. We are crossing our fingers, saying a few prayers and hope this will give him a good  quality of life for awhile longer. Only our goofy little tri boy would get a allergic reaction with all this other stuff going on.

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awwww well that was a mighty scare! Glad the little bugger is getting some relief from earlier today. So sad to hear about his shoulder though :(. Best wishes the anti-inflammatory works well for him.
Poor guy, hope the anti-infl. help with his shoulder.
I'm so sorry to hear that Tenby's shoulder issues have worsened.  I hope you can find a therapy that will keep him on the move for a long time!
Wow, that is a dramatic allergic reaction, what was he allergic to?  Hope Tenbys eye feels better soon.  Heres hoping also that his shoulder does well with the anti-inflamatory.  So hard when they don't feel like themselves.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service