So, I took Lucky to the vet today (male BHT pem rescue dog) and the vet tech helping me was telling me all about her corgi girl.  Not so bad right?

Then she proceeded to tell me how she really wished that Lucky had papers because they have been looking for a male BHT to breed her female to.  WHAT?!  You have no idea what this dog's history/lines are and you would breed him just because he had papers?!

But wait... it gets worse...

Then she looked me dead straight in the eye and asked...

"So is Lucky a 'welsh' or a 'corgi'?"

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!

I was like "uhhhh, he's a pembroke, not a cardigan, they are both kinds of welsh corgis."

But inside I was really screaming "OMG Where do you live so I can run to your house and steal your dog before you have a chance to breed her!!!"

Views: 1198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Remember the old saying "You can't fix stupid".

This is off subject a little, but we took the dogs to the pet store today and a teenager told us that corgis are popular now because some guy on Youtube has two. I didn't even try to fix the stupid. Her friend who asked what happened to her tail didn't even wait for an answer before getting distracted by something else. The kids were nice enough to sit on the floor and give the dogs some attention though.

It's true that the Internet--particularly youtube and websites like Tumblr--have made Corgis super duper popular, and definitely for the worst. 

I have had several people ask if I would consider breeding my Moose the cocker and did not have  clue as to the history. But I said no but thanks. Even if it were on th up and up I would not be able to sell any pups

I always feel bad when people ask "Is he a welsh or a corgi?" It's like they know enough to almost know the name. Then I have to explain exactly like you did. Just awful, especially if she owns them and works at a vet. =(

I hear a vet tech ask me the same question, about Welsh or Corgi. They should know! 

I took Dixie to an outdoor fair kind of event once, and she got loads of attention. She loved every second of it, but I just got more and more frustrated with people asking me, "so what is she mixed with? she's obviously not a REAL corgi!" Don't people understand that dogs are individuals, just like people?  And why would I care if she's a mix, anyway... she's my family, not a status symbol.

I try not to laugh when well meaning folks say "Is that a Yorkie?"

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service