My family and I are wanting to bring in a 3rd corgi to rescue. Right now we have a 2 year old Pembroke male and he is not fixed. We also have a 1 year old female Pembroke that is not fixed either. The initial plan was to breed but that has not happened because of the female's aggression toward the male. When each dog is separate that are great and have NO aggression, but when they are in the same room the female will growl and nip at the male. He will sometimes do it back but is usually scared even though he's older.

We feel for the rescue dog because he doesn't have a home as of next week.

There are a couple of problems that we aren't sure if they should hinder our decision.

1. The rescue dog is a male Pembroke that is also not fixed. Would this create a problem?

2. He's 7 years old so would it be hurting him more to bring him into a home that already has some tension with one of the dogs?

Any tips on our present dogs and the possibility of a future Corgi would be great.

Views: 233

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with everyone else, leave the breeding to the professionals. I also seriously question the professionalism of your vet to suggest you not spay or neuter your animals. No, it will not change their personalities, but it may lessen their aggression towards one another. Introducing a third unfixed dog is just asking for trouble. I highly recommend obedience classes or a private trainer to work out the problems with your two current dogs.

HI! I am glad you chose not to bring the other dog in as this could have been a very scary situation for the dogs and you. My 1st thought is if your female is that aggressive, why would you want to breed her? I have seen some nasty dogs and why continue that gene into pups that could possibly be the same? Pups are a huge committment of time and money.

Please look into classes or a trainer to work out the issues and get your dogs neutered.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service