Hey everybody!  I am super super excited about the 365 day calendar, but it looks like Sam is having trouble getting enough photos.  Let's all help out and send in some more photos!!

Here's the link to Sam's discussion about photo qualifications.  Who wouldn't want their corgi in the calendar over and over and over again??!!!  Send in ALL your good photos today!!  We don't want Sam to have to resort to PLAN B!!!!

http://www.mycorgi.com/forum/topics/2012-mycorgi-com-calendar

Jan 18 UPDATE FROM SAM:

Okay folks, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, thank you so much for submitting photos to MyCorgi.com, I have more than enough for the calendar now, so please give me sometime to sort them out.

Considering tomorrow is my B day, I will not be working on the project at all, so the earliest I can post a final list for the 365 is Friday. As far as printing goes, it should take about a month (1K-3K will be printed), so the 365 calendar will start with the month of March / April and end on 2013 March / April. 

Again, thank you for all the awesome photos, it’s been a joy to work on this project :)

Jan 23rd UPDATE FROM SAM:
Here are the finalists. I will post pre-order info end of this month. Thank you :)

(see page 14 of this discussion for the photo list)

Jan 27 UPDATE FROM SAM:

Okay, all the photos went through the photoshop process, we've done some in photo home renovation / decluttering, clearing stray leaves, removed all commercial branded logos...etc. We are currently waiting on several commercial printer's feedback, once all the kinks have been worked out, I'll release the pre-ordering information, hopefully sometime next week.

Due to good business practice, we've decided to change "project 365" calendar dates to Jan - dec 2013  (not release date). I know this change will disappoints a lot of you (myself included), but our main objective for all project is to raise a good amount of funding for rescues. So in order to accomplish that goal, we need very good sales, and the result will determine if there will be another 365 project in the future. I sincerely apologize for the date shift, project 365 is still a go and it's happening. 

So what about those who missed the 12 month calendar and the 365 project? Have no fear, I will release the details for project "plan B" and project "edu" in the coming months. Project "Plan B" will have a launch date of xmas 2012, Project "edu" will have a tentative date of spring 2013. Stay Tuned!

Views: 6288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PS @Andrea - I forgot to mention that your photo to scanner was very clever. Smart you! See, it isn't just our dogs that have the smarts.  ; )

Do you have enough yet Sam???

@Jane and Sam,

Like our Corgis, we're all EARS. LOL.

@ Wendy, I would send more if needed but I don't want to look like all I do is send pics...

I think Sam just wants to finish this project, so the more the merrier.

Can you tell me how to get my photos bigger than 5 MB? I finally fixed the pixel sizes. I never submitted a photo for a calendar before, and I'm grateful now that I didn't. I'm the worst photographer. But, this seemed like a slam dunk. Send a photo that fits Sam's specifications and you are almost guaranteed a page on the calendar! But, I can't get the MB to size. I knew when you did the jibjab Xmas video in minutes that you're a savvy savvy lady. xoxo wendy

It took me HOURS to do one jibjab. Then I sent out the wrong one to all the wrong people. Your the savvy one and I'm the ditz. When we meet up I'll be Lucy!

Again I had the pics, did what I did and sent them...I can be Ethel but you know that means we will get into all kinds of trouble? Oh well sound like fun to me and makes life interesting:)

I wish I could help you BUT I am the idiot when it comes to sizing pics. I shoot the pic, put it on my computer and send it...sorry Wendy! 

Jane and Wendy,  I am not very tech smart but thought I sized mine right but don't know if they were still too small. Usually my son or daughter help me but one is in Colorado and one in Prague so I am on my own.Maybe we could be the Three Stooges !

Bev,

My kids also set up the computer for my pics so i just have to connect the camera. Thank goodness or I would still be trying...hehe

@Bev and Jane - My kids are not around either. I know I could get this sorted out if I wasn't such a lazy bum and read the manual that came with my camera! Sam seems so desperate for photos, I thought this would be a slam dunk, a can't miss oppty, if I just submitted a couple of photos. I never did before mainly because I take such awful photos. We should plan a vacation, leave cameras and corgis at home, and make mischief! LOL.

On the 15th Jennifer Markley wrote: "Hey guys! The Megapixel refers to how big the photo can be when it's printed. For example, an 8 mp camera will usually be able to print out an 8x10 without any distortion. The bigger the megapixel, the bigger the picture. A 4 mp is usually OK for a 5x7 print. Also, if you go to your menu on your camera, you can change the pixel setting size. Just mess with it and you'll find it.
Set if for the biggest size (make it bigger or the same as 2240x1792) and you'll be OK. Hope this helps"

So what I think is that my first camera was so old that it had less than one MP, those pictures weren't big enough. My new camera is a 12.1 MP. If I understand correctly, if you have a 5MP or greater camera, set it to it's highest setting and you are good. For my camera I go to the menu and click on Image and it gives me a choice of sizes. If your camera gives you a choice of 2240x1792 or higher then you are good. The bigger the image size in pixels the less you can store in your camera, so some people would prefer a smaller image size in pixels. I am daily taking pictures and sending the cute ones in case one of them is a pose that would appeal in a calendar. If you were Sam wouldn't you like some to choose from? (I hope he doesn't mind!)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service