Hi gang,

Wondering what is the average duration of an antibiotics treatment for something like a urinal infection. ?

Any side effects such as lethargy or vomiting?

Views: 503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Abalone, could you be more specific on the name of antibiotics and infection? background story? It is too general to answer with the provided info.

Amoxicillin. She has urinary tract infections and doc prescribed a 250 mg per day dosage for 20 days. Meanwhile we are waiting for cytology results on some lumps around the neck. Hoping its not anything serious causing her lethargy or loss of appetite! Thx Sam
Antibiotics can upset tummies in dogs just like people. Dogs are less prone to getting opportunistic infections, which is the most serious risk in humans, simply because they are not used as often in dogs.
Oh ok. What about the lethargy!
Some dogs get lethargic if they have upset tummies. The antibiotic itself isn't likely to cause lethargy, but if she has tummy upset THAT might cause her to just want to lay around a lot. So it is possible.
I seeee, that makes a whole lot of sense. Thx Beth :)
Bad news. Lymphoma. We don't know what stage but we don't want to put her through suffering if tests and chemo. So opting for the steroids option. And pray for a miracle via upping her appetite and activeness :(

I am so sorry to hear that, I've been through it twice last year, you can read about my experience here. Message me if you have any questions.

So sorry!

Thanks Sam and Beth and friends. It means so much to have your advice and prayers. Sam I cried non stop to your posts of Mocha and Vienna! Very strong and beautiful babies they were. May I ask, do you have more corgis now or leaving that for later?

We will have another corgi after our very own family expansion, until then we continue to foster, rehab and place corgis to their forever homes.

We miss seeing you around here more often Sam!  Wishing you well with your "family expansion."  :-)    And thanks for all you do for the Corgis of the world.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service