So I have started to give my pets pure virgin coconut oil in there food. There fur smells like coconut and shiny and amazing. It helps with joints and so many things. I wanted to share this to the corgi world because coconut oil for dogs and people is rely growing fast. I am below going to post a link to a site that has all the benefits of giving this to your furry friend!

http://www.petside.com/article/coconut-oil-miracle-jar-dogs

Try It an you will fall in love!

Views: 1948

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Natalie, I use it on toast  like butter and then a little jam. Delicious. Also in cooking where I would use olive oil or butter. When I really splurge, it's coconut oil, peanut butter then jam or honey .... Yumm  I keep it on the counter, in the frigde it gets hard like a rock, so I stop using it in the hot months when it goes from solid to liquid.

Thanks for the idea Anna!  Wonder if it could be used to make popcorn on the stove?  Love this thread!

Absolutely, it is a very healthy oil to cook with and  does not have a strong flavor. If you are not familiar with Dr. Mercola's website on alternative medicine, including an excellent veterinary section for pets, it is one of the best:      http://www.mercola.com/

I love the cocanut/peanut butter and jam...toast is what I have for breakfast so I guess I'll have to go shopping.

Thanks for the idea Anna!

had my first piece of toast with coconut oil on it...yumm!!! will be having that again!

I melted some coconut oil the other day in the microwave and then added it to boiling water for pasta. I usually use olive oil so the noodles dont stick. 

One way I use it is in my tea.  I put about a teaspoon of it in my tea and it melts into a nice lip moisturizer.  ;)  Plus it adds a nice coconut flavor!

Great Idea, Jen! The Tibetans put Yak butter in their tea, I'll have to add this to my Meditation practice hehe....

and yes, coconut butter beats Chapstick!

I am always using chap stick...can't wait to try something better:)

Years agi I discovered that Chapstick had something in it that caused me to keep needing it, since then I've only used olive oil or  coconut oil.

cant wait to have a cup of tea witih cocunut oil in it :)

I have seen it by the cooking oils...would this be different than what you are talking about?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service