Here are the corgi mobiles we've had over the years:

Nissan Xterra - Too high for ours to jump on, the front seat is fine, but it's impossible for them to jump on in the back seat. Very nice cargo space, but muddy paws can be a problem.

Lexus ES300 - Leather get scratched up, the tan color interior does help to "hide" the fur, cargo space is a joke, cannot fit any wire crate in the trunk. Good height for the dogs to jump in.

Lexus SC300 - Rear seats are perfect for the dogs, no human should ever sit back there, it gets really really hot in Florida summer, right height, very heavy doors.

Toyota Matrix - Awesome plastic hatch area, wipes down easy, you can use a garden blower to blow out the fur, rear hatch glass open, wire crate fits in the back, plenty of cargo room, great on gas. nice height for the dogs.

Toyota Sienna - very roomy, can fit the doggies plus family and cargo. Not so good on gas but definitely ride in comfort for everyone, especially road trip.

Now what do you drive? How corgi friendly is it? Lets hear the pros and cons :)

Views: 910

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Freya jumped into the car for the first time this weekend! I guess it isn't so bad of a car for her after all.
I read that the Honda Element was named the most dog friendly car!
You're correct! USA TODAY article
I have a ford f250. Its amazing.. Plus i have keyless entry so i can leave my truck on in the summer for Drag when i run in somewhere. Also if im working outside i can put him in the back of the truck and he can still look over.
I just got the world's most dog-friendly car! I was driving a Ford Focus hatchback for years, which was great with the rear seats folded down, but could only fit two adults and two dogs that way. Plus, even with leather seats, their fur stuck to everything. Everything!

My new wheels is an '09 Subaru Outback!!! Technically a 'station wagon', the rear cargo area has more than enough room for my two dogs to stretch out on doggy beds. Plus, the cargo area is covered with a rubber floor tray that pulls out for easy cleaning. We also got a dog gate to keep them in the back and avoid muddy paws on the seats. I love it! No more cramped pups in the back of the tiny Focus!

My boyfriend has a '89 F350 that's raised...NOT Corgi friendly. Griff must be lifted in and out of this vehicle! There is a ton of room in the back of this truck, though, because it's the super duper extended cab...it has 4 doors. They love riding in it! And it runs on veggie diesel, so it's not a gas guzzler, either :)
We have a family car for all of us and the dogs to go in. It's a 2002 Honda odyssey and is a great car, strongest of all minivans. We take that thing off road. But, it's low enough for my corgi to jump in, even into the back, and LOTS of the room for our big dog too especially when the seats can come out and fold down. Pity it as cloth seats though and the grey interior of our car is now beige and white :-). Our other car is a 1990 Pontiac Firebird, and of course, my corgi easily fits in and can get in and out with ease, but is a bit too small for my sister's borzoi. His head pops through the T-tops, lol!
I will probably get an Element. I was looking at them in 2005 when we got the CRV.
I've had my honda Element since I bought it in 2004 it is a wonderfull dog car!! I up-graded size wise from a ford Focus hatchback, the back seats came out the day I bought it and I bought a 3 inch foam pad from my local army supply store put a 3 dollar zippered plastic sheet around it covered it up with flat sheet and it works wonderfully cody has a nice cushy area and the corgis have their crates with room to spare. I highly reccomend the honda elements
I drive a Land Rover Discovery (series II). Height wise, it can not be good for a corgi, the monster stands stall. My mother has a hard time getting in it. Other than that, it is very spacious, especially when I fold down the back seats and my dog could have a whole play ground back there. I have cargo racks on the top, just need a ladder to climb up there. Gas wise, it is pretty good given the weight and height.

the off road capabilities are excellent, I do a lot of camping and this Land Rover can get some places where other four wheel drive vehicles can't.

It is my dream car, but it is almost a pain since gas prices are so high
We have a Subaru Forester, and it's very Corgi friendly. They can jump into the cargo area or the back seat relatively easily. Only one crate will fit in the back, unless we got much smaller crates, so you definitely need to go with seatbelt harnesses if you have multiple dogs. And it comes with roof-racks, so you could get a cargo carrier if you were going camping or something and couldn't find room for your gear plus your dogs. We may need to invest in one; when it was just Jack, he got half the backseat and the cargo and other half of the backseat were for gear. Now with two dogs, I don't know where everything will fit.

The best part is it's great in the snow. We live in a mountainous area (baby East Coast mountains, not those huge things out west....) and the winters can be a bit slick. I've had to stop in the middle of a hill because someone in front of me in a full-sized SUV was stuck, and I thought "Uh-oh, I'm going to have to back down this hill" but no! just gently hit the gas and away we go.

Very nice.
I have a Chevy Avalanche. Way too high to jump into but lots of room, can pull our travel trailer, American made, and leather seats which wipe off easily! My husband's car is a Chevy Traverse which I really like but since I put on very few miles I get the vehicle we use for towing. Less gas that way. I think Izzy loves riding in the Avalanche because she can see out the windows. She loves looking out. It doesn't matter with my big baby, Sparty, because he is so anxious in the car that he has to be buckled in the middle seat and doesn't move if the car is. I like not having them jump in and out because it is easier to keep everyone in the car until they are all leashed so even in the Traverse they have to wait for me to lift them out but if the door is open Izzy will jump right in.
Over the past several years I have had a:
Jeep Cherokee: worked well and got me through the snow...plenty of room.
Prius: cloth seats...more room than you think...
Rav 4: OK lots of storage in the back if you need to pack higher and a little harder for the dogs to jump in but ok...cloth seats.
Prius: Leather seats...I love it...I still try to cover the back seat but the blankets slip off. Easy clean up and hair removal.
Since it's 1-2 people and the dogs it works well for us, gets great gas mileage and the back has as much room as my Rav except not as high,.the seats fold down for extra room but I can only get 2 kennels in...oh well...I hope to keep this car for a long time as it's my dream car! I'm at that point that if the snow gets really bad...I'm just going to stay home!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service